Old 30-01-2007, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Calling all petrol strimmer users....!

For years i've used a several petrol strimmers to control a wild area
at the bottom of the garden.
About two years ago i started developing a cordless electric strimmer
capable of doing this job as i was becoming more and more frustrated
with the start up/maintenance problems i kept getting with the petrol
product. It's been a labour of much frustration, and at least i'm
using my degree finally, but i think i've made a product of some
worth.

Cordless products generally have a bad reputation, but with this one
the cutting performance is genuinely good and can do the jon. I reckon
it could be something to take to a manufacturer (patent application
filed!)

But just to understand more i was hoping you could answer a few
questions:

1) How long, generally, do you use your petrol strimmer for on full
throttle?
(I need a target for the battery runtime)

2) How many times do you use your petrol strimmer a year

3) What vegetation do you mainly cut? Lawn grass, Long grass, Weeds,
etc

4) What size area do you cut? 10sqm, 20sqm, 30sqm, etc....?

I don't think this will ever be a Dyson, but it's been an interesting
experience, let's see if it can go any further!

Your thoughts would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Alistair

Old 31-01-2007, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
ups.com...

1) How long, generally, do you use your petrol strimmer for on full
throttle?
(I need a target for the battery runtime)

about 2 hours

2) How many times do you use your petrol strimmer a year

twice

3) What vegetation do you mainly cut? Lawn grass, Long grass, Weeds,

Ivy off walls and long grass at edges

etc

4) What size area do you cut? 10sqm, 20sqm, 30sqm, etc....?

pass!

I don't think this will ever be a Dyson, but it's been an interesting
experience, let's see if it can go any further!

Your thoughts would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Alistair

Good luck

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 31-01-2007, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

A couple of hours.

2) How many times do you use your petrol strimmer a year

A couple of times per year, to beat back the brambles, coarse grass and
ferns around the perimeter of my property, then use my corded electric
strimmer to do the lawn edges, every couple of weeks.

3) What vegetation do you mainly cut? Lawn grass, Long grass, Weeds,
etc

See above.

4) What size area do you cut? 10sqm, 20sqm, 30sqm, etc....?

15-20sqm

I don't think this will ever be a Dyson, but it's been an interesting
experience, let's see if it can go any further!

Your thoughts would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Alistair

Good luck

Cheers