Old 31-01-2007, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Why are lower leaves of cabbages so horrible?

Why are lower leaves of cabbages so horrible?

They have holes - and yellowing - and grey spots - and mildewey loooking
areas - to such an extent that I daren't put them on the compost heap!

What's going on?
And what should I do?
--
Chris
Old 31-01-2007, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Chris" wrote
Why are lower leaves of cabbages so horrible?

They have holes - and yellowing - and grey spots - and mildewey loooking
areas - to such an extent that I daren't put them on the compost heap!

What's going on?
And what should I do?

Sounds about right to me, why do you not put them on the compost heap?

--
Regards
Bob H

Old 01-02-2007, 06:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
Why are lower leaves of cabbages so horrible?

They have holes - and yellowing - and grey spots - and mildewey loooking
areas - to such an extent that I daren't put them on the compost heap!

What's going on?
And what should I do?
--
Chris

they protect the upper leaves.....put them on the heap

Don
34 miles south of Bob.

Old 01-02-2007, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
Why are lower leaves of cabbages so horrible?

They have holes - and yellowing - and grey spots - and mildewey

loooking
areas - to such an extent that I daren't put them on the compost heap!

What's going on?
And what should I do?
--
Chris

They are in that condition mainly because they are 'spent' and ready for
the compost heap.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.