Old 10-02-2007, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Grow your own veg!

On 10 Feb, 16:59, tina wrote:
The TV programme should have been more real life.

Sure, like Carol's friend on the tv who has lots of kids, works full
time and grows veg all over the place? If that's not real life what
is? I've just bought today another 2 railway sleepers at 7 quids each
and 8 scaffolding planks at 8 quids each. Should they be free and why?

Old 10-02-2007, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10 Feb, 18:20, Martin wrote:

On 10 Feb, 16:59, tina wrote:

Are the railway sleepers real used wooden ones full of tar and old crap? If so
yes they should be free, it costs money to dispose of them legally.

All new, squiky clean and just luvvvely.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JennyC" wrote in message

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 4 Feb, 19:38, "JennyC" wrote:

The robin is sweet - wish mine was as tame

Another chance for you to learn how to tame your robin tonight ;o)

Only Robin I'll be taming is one of these........
http://tinyurl.com/2j85u8

I have owned two Reliants, although neither of them were Robins!

Alan

Old 10-02-2007, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10 Feb 2007 10:16:42 -0800, "La Puce" wrote:
Can you please tell me where you got them from. I have seen them for
on average £25 each. I need 14!!

Old 10-02-2007, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 19:20:40 +0100, Martin wrote:

My local reclamation yard sell used ones for £15 each, but I was
advised not to use used ones.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10 Feb 2007 10:46:09 -0800, "La Puce" wrote:

All new, squiky clean and just luvvvely.

Please tell us where you got them from for £7 each. I'll have 14.

Thanks

Old 11-02-2007, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10 Feb, 22:20, tina wrote:
All new, squiky clean and just luvvvely.

Please tell us where you got them from for £7 each. I'll have 14.

Builders merchant on Upper Chorlton Road Manchester and from a friend
who runs a recycling timber business. I'm for ever getting wood from
him. Where do you live?

Old 11-02-2007, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11 Feb 2007 03:54:00 -0800, "La Puce" wrote:

Leeds. Your lucky to have a friend in the trade.

Where do you live?

Old 11-02-2007, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11 Feb, 15:09, tina wrote:

Leeds. Your lucky to have a friend in the trade.

Lots of friends in timbers indeed, from tree surgeons to artists,
sculptors and joiners, cabinet makers and a husband who would like
nothing better for a present than a nice plank of maple ) I got him
2 x 5m long plank of cherry (with bark on the edges) from Middlewood
last year. Both plank cost me 14 quids, bred, cut and dried in
Middlewood. It's a nice trip for the day from where you are. My friend
runs it since the 60s. He has become my guru )

http://www.middlewood.org.uk/middlewood.html

Where do you live?

Manchester. Give me a couple of days and I'll find you something a bit
cheaper than 25 quids a sleeper in or around Leeds. I'll ask around.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11 Feb 2007 08:56:11 -0800, "La Puce" wrote:

For £7, its worth me bringing a van over the m62 & going to the
Builders merchant on Upper Chorlton Road. If I can find it :-)

Thanks for your help.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11 Feb, 19:24, tina wrote:
For £7, its worth me bringing a van over the m62 & going to the
Builders merchant on Upper Chorlton Road. If I can find it :-)

Tina, I'm sorry, I've made a mistake, the new scaffold planks were 8
quids each and the sleepers were 14 quids plus vat, not 7 quids,
telephone 0161-226 9190. I got a number from a neighbour on the lotty
- she's built her beds out of reject sleepers each for less than 10
quids from a place in Nottingham and had them delivered - telephone
0115 9890445. Apparently they didn't have tar or creosote on them too.

Check with my friend John Poole on the link below - he'll do anything
for a sweet voice ;o) The company is called Trim and they're based in
Gorton. Good luck!

http://www.timberrecycling.org/retail.html

Old 14-02-2007, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 10, 6:16 pm, "La Puce" wrote:

I've just bought today another 2 railway sleepers at 7 quids each

you bought TODAY at 7 quids each I don't believe it

and then 1 DAY later

the sleepers were 14 quids plus vat, not 7 quids,

as usual bad and inaccurate advice

Old 15-02-2007, 02:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 5 Feb, 11:14, "La Puce" wrote:
And it's frustrating. I just cannot find my Cat Steven's album .... ;o)

What made you call him Steven in the first place?

Old 15-02-2007, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Old 15-02-2007, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 15 Feb, 02:49, wrote:
And it's frustrating. I just cannot find my Cat Steven's album .... ;o)

What made you call him Steven in the first place?

)) Sorry about the empty post above. I unconsciously thought to
provide us with some kind of buffering and protection ;o)

Thanks for reminding me - I've just downloaded the guitar tabs for
'Sad Lisa', such a sweet song, but no sign of my LP ...