GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   French Dwarf beans in a pot (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/15347-french-dwarf-beans-pot.html)

DP 17-04-2003 06:20 PM

French Dwarf beans in a pot

As title.

Last year we had a bumper harvest of these so this year, I also want to grow
some up a plastic net which is tacked on the side of our house. I plan on
constructing a wooden planting box 6ft x 8" x 8" to grow them in and just
filling it with normal compost (from a bag).

Are they likely to thrive/survive in such a box? Or, could I plant them in
a grow-bag?

Thanks

David

Little Badger 17-04-2003 09:20 PM

French Dwarf beans in a pot

David
They are shallow rooting and will be fine in a pot (watering considered).

Badger

.. .

DP 18-04-2003 09:45 AM

French Dwarf beans in a pot

They are shallow rooting and will be fine in a pot (watering considered).

Thanks, beans with every meal it is then :-)