GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Chatham Island forget-me-not (Myosotidium nobile) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/15349-chatham-island-forget-me-not-myosotidium-nobile.html)

Chris Hogg 17-04-2003 07:44 PM

Chatham Island forget-me-not (Myosotidium nobile)

In full flower at the moment, but they are in the wrong place (too
much sun) and will need dividing and moving soon. Has anyone any
experience of the how and when?

--
Chris

Rene Blom 17-04-2003 10:08 PM

Chatham Island forget-me-not (Myosotidium nobile)

I have sown these for the 4 th time and now they are germinating so I follow
this with interest.

Rene Blom.

Chris Hogg 18-04-2003 07:20 PM

Chatham Island forget-me-not (Myosotidium nobile)

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 22:08:11 +0200, "Rene Blom"
wrote:

I have sown these for the 4 th time and now they are germinating so I follow
this with interest.

Rene Blom.

Mine were seeds from Chiltern, about 5 years ago. IIRC 4 seeds
germinated. They're quite large clumps now, with several 'crowns' each
(if that's the right description). They're planted in a south-facing
corner in what must be more-or-less equal amounts of soil, sand and
seaweed (we live within walking distance of a beach, so fresh seaweed
easily obtained). The grow vigorously, but wilt in the sun in summer
as they get too hot, hence the need to move them. Masses of deep blue
flower heads out now.

--
Chris