Old 17-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Pussy Galore

Default Bloody Cats

I've been lurking in this NG for some time now, and I have to say that
I am amazed by the tolerance that some people show towards CATS!
They crap and piddle all over my garden. Their owners show absolutely
no consideration for other people or their property, and in fact show
a complete contempt for other people's feelings and property rights.
How many dogs are allowed to behave in this way.
If dog owners are forced into picking up their pet's droppings why are
we so tolerant towards cats. They are carriers of the same diseases
that dogs are accused of carrying, so much so that dog owners have to
clean up after their pets. So why not bloody cats? Someone on this
NG suggested shooting them. Not a bad idea as far as I'm concerned.
Old 17-04-2003, 08:44 PM
bnd777

DEAD RIGHT .........but I abhor the things for what they do to the bird
population
Had a beautiful blue tit making a nest against my wall behind a thick matt
of Honeysuckle ........my grandkids adored watching it fly in and out
In just 2 minutes bloody next doors cat (yeah the same folks with 56 blasted
leylandi ) sprang clean up the wall ......ripped off the honeysuckle and
killed the dear little bird ..........it wont have 9 lives if i get hold of
the bloody thing
om...

Old 17-04-2003, 11:56 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Shame on you all, cats are wonderful although the bird killing is not nice
at all. they do not mess up your garden they bury their 'presents'. I think
u r mixing them up with the 'shit' machines, dogs

"bnd777" wrote in message
[...]
:
:

Old 18-04-2003, 01:08 AM
Bigjon

Recently, Pussy Galore uttered:

I've been lurking in this NG for some time now, and I have to say that
I am amazed by the tolerance that some people show towards CATS!
They crap and piddle all over my garden. Their owners show absolutely
no consideration for other people or their property, and in fact show
a complete contempt for other people's feelings and property rights.
How many dogs are allowed to behave in this way.
If dog owners are forced into picking up their pet's droppings why are
we so tolerant towards cats. They are carriers of the same diseases
that dogs are accused of carrying, so much so that dog owners have to
clean up after their pets. So why not bloody cats? Someone on this
NG suggested shooting them. Not a bad idea as far as I'm concerned.

Here I go again...

I don't think you can equate cats and dogs in this way. They are different
species. You can own a dog, but any cat person will tell you that the cat
is not owned, The cat does what it wants, when it wants. They are far more
independent than the poor old dog. A dog without a lead is a lost soul. A
cat without a lead is a free spirit !

You should feel privileged that a cat chooses your patch to "crap and
piddle" in. Dogs leave it all over the roads, pavements and parks for just
about anybody to find. This particular cat has chosen only YOU to be the
recipient of its present. Aren't you the lucky one !

As for the "owners", as you well know, we can't ( and shouldn't ) be held
responsible, and British Law backs this up...

Animals Act 1971..
"Cats cannot be held guilty of trespass and the owners cannot be held
responsible for any damage done."
and
"Domestic animals such as cats and dogs are allowed by law to roam. A
person who wants to prevent a neighbour's cat or dog from entering her/his
property could make her/his own fencing arrangements."

So perhaps you'd better get a bigger fence ??
--
\\(º`¿´º)//
It's all on http://support.microsoft.com/ somewhere....

Old 18-04-2003, 01:44 AM
Anne Jackson

The message
from "The Devil's Advocate"
contains these words:

"bnd777" wrote in message

[...]

Wrong! The dominant cat *doesn't* bury its crap, only the lower-ranking
cats do!

--
AnneJ
ICQ #:- 119531282

Old 18-04-2003, 03:56 AM
Essjay001

You are of course no serious. By burying their crap it catches you un awares
when you are planting. Shooting is tooo good for them. A "present" is a
gift. Do you normally give cat craps as gifts?

The Devil's Advocate scribbled:

Old 18-04-2003, 03:56 AM
Essjay001

Anne Jackson scribbled:

Wrong! The dominant cat *doesn't* bury its crap, only the lower-
ranking cats do!

Excuse me all cats are lower ranking in my garden. I kill cats as I kill
rats.

Old 18-04-2003, 03:56 AM
Essjay001

Bigjon scribbled:

Here I go again...

I don't think you can equate cats and dogs in this way. They are
different species. You can own a dog, but any cat person will tell
you that the cat is not owned, The cat does what it wants, when it
wants. They are far more independent than the poor old dog. A dog
without a lead is a lost soul. A cat without a lead is a free spirit !

Who cares kill them and be done with.

You should feel privileged that a cat chooses your patch to "crap and
piddle" in. Dogs leave it all over the roads, pavements and parks for
just about anybody to find. This particular cat has chosen only YOU
to be the recipient of its present. Aren't you the lucky one !

You do talk some ********
There is nothing lucky about picking up a hanful of cat crap

As for the "owners", as you well know, we can't ( and shouldn't ) be
held responsible, and British Law backs this up...

Animals Act 1971..
"Cats cannot be held guilty of trespass and the owners cannot be held
responsible for any damage done."
and "Domestic animals such as cats and dogs are allowed by law to roam.

Yeah right! Dogs have to be on a lead in the UK.

person who wants to prevent a neighbour's cat or dog from entering
her/his property could make her/his own fencing arrangements."

My god you even talk cat crap!

So perhaps you'd better get a bigger fence ??

50 6x6 fence panels is that big enough?

Old 18-04-2003, 03:56 AM
Essjay001

Pussy Galore scribbled:

I've been lurking in this NG for some time now, and I have to say that
I am amazed by the tolerance that some people show towards CATS!

Welcome to the anti cat league. If you find it such a problem it can be
dealt with easily. 410 bird gun.

Old 18-04-2003, 09:44 AM
geoff

I cannot vouch for its efficacy but have been told that squirting an
offending cat with a strong solution of washing-up liquid causes the cat to
foul its own home. The cat licks itself when if gets in its bed and that
causes it to be incontinent!

Old 18-04-2003, 10:09 AM
Mike

In article , Essjay001
writes

50 6x6 fence panels is that big enough?

with carpet gripper strips along the top?

Forthcoming reunions. Royal Navy Social Weekend Sussex May 2nd - 5th.
H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th. Plus many more

Old 18-04-2003, 10:33 AM
The Devil's Advocate

You miserable little shit, bet your fun to be with

Essjay001 wrote:
: Pussy Galore scribbled:
:

Old 18-04-2003, 10:33 AM
The Devil's Advocate

Obviously not lol

Essjay001 wrote:
: Bigjon scribbled:
:
:: Here I go again...
::
:: I don't think you can equate cats and dogs in this way. They are
:: different species. You can own a dog, but any cat person will tell
:: you that the cat is not owned, The cat does what it wants, when it
:: wants. They are far more independent than the poor old dog. A dog
:: without a lead is a lost soul. A cat without a lead is a free spirit
:: !
:

Old 18-04-2003, 01:08 PM
Fenny

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard Essjay001 say...
Yeah right! Dogs have to be on a lead in the UK.

And when that happens, watch out for the low flying pigs.
--
Fenny
I can read your mind, and you should be ashamed of yourself.