Old 13-02-2007, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Grow Your Own Veg - yesterday

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Keith (Dorset)" wrote ...

Oh dear... :-(

Well Keith, as someone with a little knowledge of growing one's own I
find the program rather entertaining in the almost childlike
enthusiasm for the subject, like the look on a child's face digging
their first self grown spud etc., wonderful to behold.
I also like Carol as a presenter and find her enthusiasm infectious
(just like Roy Lancaster). She does know about growing (pretty)
stuff, has done it for years, made a living out of it and built a
business around it so also has my respect.
Sounds awful but I actually didn't expect to learn much because it's
on at peak viewing time, a time when no program will be shown that
might appeal to a severely restricted audience like a serious down
and in-depth gardening program about veg growing would.

I enjoyed it. I was also thrilled to see that there was a bit about
growing in 3sqm, because my veg patch consists of three 3x1m beds. I
could have done with more but that's what my books are for.

Old 20-02-2007, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:23:12 -0000, "Amethyst Deceiver"
wrote:

I enjoyed it. I was also thrilled to see that there was a bit about
growing in 3sqm, because my veg patch consists of three 3x1m beds. I
could have done with more but that's what my books are for.

It is 9 square metres. 3x3m

See, I knew that. Honest. I just forgot.