Old 11-02-2007, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Bubble wrap as grenhouse insulation.

JennyC writes

"K" wrote in message
shazzbat writes

Incidentally, I didn't use clips, I had already drilled several holes in
various parts of the structure of the g/h, specifically the angle
sections,
which allowed me to thread several strands of the previously liberated
fishing line through them the length of the g/h to support the wrap.

We have a number of canes suspended running the length of the roof. The
bubble wrap drapes over these and then tucks behind the plants down to
shelf level. Quick to put up in the autumn, even quicker to take down in
the spring.

Below shelf level I keep the bubble wrap in place permanently.

I use the same bubble wrap from one year to the next.
Kay

I leave the BW up in the roof as its a b.....r to take down. It does
however start to disintegrate within about three years due to the heat/sun

Mine's been going strong for at least twice that. Presumably the result
of not being exposed to the summer sun.
--
Kay