Old 16-02-2007, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gardeners World

I'll play the devil avocado here because I can hear many of you from
here. You are thinking too loud! But yes, even I was tucked in my
cushions, a cat on my arm, and as much as it was pleasant to watch
community gardens and the social richness it provides to so many
people, the education to so many kids and the fantastic sharing at
harvest time and my favourite subject, urban sprawl - I felt I was a
bit robbed of a moment I looked forward to. I thought that prior to
starting sowing and working on my ideas and shaking off that long
weird winter, I'd see Monty strutting his stuff and go down on his
knees, again. Shame.

Old 17-02-2007, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'll play the devil avocado here because I can hear many of you from
here. You are thinking too loud! But yes, even I was tucked in my
cushions, a cat on my arm, and as much as it was pleasant to watch
community gardens and the social richness it provides to so many
people, the education to so many kids and the fantastic sharing at
harvest time and my favourite subject, urban sprawl - I felt I was a
bit robbed of a moment I looked forward to. I thought that prior to
starting sowing and working on my ideas and shaking off that long
weird winter, I'd see Monty strutting his stuff and go down on his
knees, again. Shame.

Same here! i was looking forward to the usual schedule.Its Carols turn next
week.So looks like will have to wait a bit longer yet.
Thanks Keith

Old 19-02-2007, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17 Feb, 18:58, "Keith Kent" wrote:
"La Puce" wrote in message

ups.com...

I'll play the devil avocado here because I can hear many of you from
here. You are thinking too loud! But yes, even I was tucked in my
cushions, a cat on my arm, and as much as it was pleasant to watch
community gardens and the social richness it provides to so many
people, the education to so many kids and the fantastic sharing at
harvest time and my favourite subject, urban sprawl - I felt I was a
bit robbed of a moment I looked forward to. I thought that prior to
starting sowing and working on my ideas and shaking off that long
weird winter, I'd see Monty strutting his stuff and go down on his
knees, again. Shame.

Same here! i was looking forward to the usual schedule.Its Carols turn next
week.So looks like will have to wait a bit longer yet.
Thanks Keith

Yes I was hoping for some relevant content to actual gardening as
opposed to what we got.

Especially some advice on what would should be doing given the odd
winter we've had and whether we should be treating plants
differently , etc i.e. pruning early , sowing early , etc etc etc

Old 19-02-2007, 01:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 19 Feb, 12:43, "Gardening_Convert"
wrote:
Yes I was hoping for some relevant content to actual gardening as
opposed to what we got.

Especially some advice on what would should be doing given the odd
winter we've had and whether we should be treating plants
differently , etc i.e. pruning early , sowing early , etc etc etc

Indeedy. Given that the programme before that, A year at Kew, touch
the subject and looked at trees in the south east of the country and
the effect of the global warming on them. Did they really said in the
next 3 decades we will see a different tree canopy in this area
alone?! That's quite frightening.