GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Transition town (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/154216-transition-town.html)

Sacha 17-02-2007 12:55 PM

Transition town

My god daughter called on Thursday, bringing with her some brochures for
www.transitiontowns.org/Totnes

It's an organisation which looks into how to prepare for and adapt to life
"beyond cheap oil and gas".
There are a number of workshops that might be of interest to members of
these groups, though I'm not sure whether sock darning will do it for many
of us - lost art, though!
There is a workshop on edible container gardening, one on 3 successive
Saturdays From Monoculture to Forest Garden - permaculture principles for
food production , two on Gaia's Kitchen with Julia Ponsonby the author of
the eponymous book and one on Breadmaking and another on Pastry.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk