GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lawn mower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/154234-lawn-mower.html)

Ed 17-02-2007 04:35 PM

Lawn mower

I need a larger 4 wheel rotary petrol self propelled lawn mower,( not
ride on) some I see now have larger rear wheels and are driven from the
front wheels and some from the larger rear wheels ,These appear to be of
U.S.A origin and can mulch spread or bag can anyone advise as to the merits
of either wheel arrangement or tell me where I can find out Thank You E

Muddymike 17-02-2007 05:36 PM

Lawn mower

"Ed" wrote in message
I need a larger 4 wheel rotary petrol self propelled lawn mower,( not
ride on) some I see now have larger rear wheels and are driven from the

These are good

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FERRIS-ZERO-TU...180 086668577

Mike

Road_HogŪ[_2_] 17-02-2007 07:13 PM

Lawn mower

"Ed" wrote in message
I need a larger 4 wheel rotary petrol self propelled lawn mower,( not
ride on) some I see now have larger rear wheels and are driven from the
front wheels and some from the larger rear wheels ,These appear to be of
U.S.A origin and can mulch spread or bag can anyone advise as to the
merits
of either wheel arrangement or tell me where I can find out Thank You E

Virtually all walk behind/pedestrian mowers are rear wheel driven. This is
the best solution as this is where the balanced weight of the machine will
be.

Alan Holmes 17-02-2007 07:53 PM

Lawn mower

"Ed" wrote in message
I need a larger 4 wheel rotary petrol self propelled lawn mower,( not
ride on) some I see now have larger rear wheels and are driven from the
front wheels and some from the larger rear wheels ,These appear to be of
U.S.A origin and can mulch spread or bag can anyone advise as to the
merits
of either wheel arrangement or tell me where I can find out Thank You E

There are some british rear wheel drive self propelled motorised mowers.

Alan

Robbo 18-02-2007 07:41 AM

Lawn mower

"Muddymike" wrote in message

"Ed" wrote in message
I need a larger 4 wheel rotary petrol self propelled lawn mower,( not
ride on) some I see now have larger rear wheels and are driven from the

These are good

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FERRIS-ZERO-TU...180 086668577

Them is very good.
These are *way* more fun though...
http://www.greatdanemowers.co.uk/rideon.htm

Absolutely manic flat out if you remove the restrictor ;-)

Robbo 18-02-2007 07:43 AM

Lawn mower

http://www.greatdanemowers.co.uk/standon.htm

Ed 18-02-2007 08:42 AM

Lawn mower

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Ed" wrote in message
I need a larger 4 wheel rotary petrol self propelled lawn mower,( not
ride on) some I see now have larger rear wheels and are driven from the
front wheels and some from the larger rear wheels ,These appear to be of
U.S.A origin and can mulch spread or bag can anyone advise as to the
merits
of either wheel arrangement or tell me where I can find out Thank You E

There are some british rear wheel drive self propelled motorised mowers.

Alan

Has anyone any experiance of th large rear wheeled ones driven by smaller
front wheels Thanks E