Old 21-02-2007, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Thornless climbing rose to grow in container

"'Mike'" wrote in message
"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

I thought 'how charming' and then it was explained to me that these were
sort of sacrificial anode
Sacha

and a sacrificial anode is.....?

http://www.mgduff.com/

Mike
Marine Electrical Design Engineer
--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 21-02-2007, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 21/2/07 17:56, in article
,
" wrote:

On Feb 21, 5:44 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message

. uk...

I thought 'how charming' and then it was explained to me that these
were a
sort of sacrificial anode
Sacha

and a sacrificial anode is.....?

M.G.Duff will explain if Hubbard cannot.

Mike

Mike, stop it, if you are a gentleman, you know that calling a woman
by her husband's surname is rude. Sacha, or Mrs. Hubbard are fine,
you don't need to undermine yourself by using just a surname. Now,
enough, or I can't talk to you about gardening and I would prefer to
do that. If you don't want to talk to me about gardening, then carry
on as you are but it would be a shame.

Judith at home

As this peculiar man has some kind of obsession with me, I would be
grateful
if he was not answered on the back of ANY of my posts. He's a cyber
stalker
and while I know your good manners mean you answer people politely, dear
Judith, I'd rather not see him encouraged him via me. I've had years of
this abuse. IMO, his behaviour is unbalanced and is soon going to need
some
further action on my part.

--
Sacha

How nice to see that you have taken notice of my advice and not given an
aggressive posting :-))

Now let's see if we can keep it up shall we?

There's a good girl.

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 23-02-2007, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 21/2/07 17:43, in article
,
" wrote:

On Feb 21, 5:37 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 21/2/07 17:15, in article
Can you grow roses in your French garden, or is it too cold for them in
winter? I doubt many diseases would survive, anyhow!

Yes, I have some floribundas in France, growing through gravel without
any sign of any disease!! The ones which pose the problem, in
England, are one year old ramblers; of which 2 are affected of the
four ;which are growing up an untreated timber pergola thing.

Advice would be appreciated, I don't mind resorting to chemicals - it
is better than looking at the foliage of a diseased plant.

Ray's answer to this is that we used to use Roseclear or whatever the

modern
equivalent is. IOW, he/we are not up to date in rose sprays because we
avoid them wherever possible. Matthew isn't here today so I'll try to
remember to ask him more tomorrow, if he knows!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

No idea if its one of the ones withdrawn but I use Sythane for rose cuttings
(but not in the garden) which seems to keep a lid on most of their lurgys

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Very easy to grow climbing rose "Queen Elizabeth" Drobium Garden Photos 0 18-05-2011 09:34 PM
Thornless rose ID Mike Lyle[_1_] United Kingdom 4 04-05-2011 11:19 AM
Thornless rose PatC Roses 2 31-10-2004 05:13 AM
Will a climbing rose grow till it reaches the sun? Lazarus Cooke United Kingdom 3 12-03-2004 11:51 AM
Will a climbing rose grow till it reaches the sun? Lazarus Cooke United Kingdom 0 11-03-2004 11:44 PM