Old 23-02-2007, 12:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Crug

In case you did not know Crug are open this Saturday.
http://www.crug-farm.co.uk/

They now have an online order facility which is excellent.
http://www.mailorder.crug-farm.co.uk/

The site should come with a Wealth Warning" :-) but I could not resist the
temptation of a hardy outdoor Schefflera.

Old 23-02-2007, 11:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
writes
In case you did not know Crug are open this Saturday.
http://www.crug-farm.co.uk/

They now have an online order facility which is excellent.
http://www.mailorder.crug-farm.co.uk/

The site should come with a Wealth Warning" :-) but I could not resist the
temptation of a hardy outdoor Schefflera.

Interesting that they sow seed in vermiculite only. It's much cheaper
and easier to manage for small seeds that should germinate quickly but I
found that if seeds took a longish time and you sort of left them to
their own devices over winter, they might not have enough food in
thebmedium?

Better for some seeds than others then? Or did I use too fine a grade?

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 24-02-2007, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
[...]

I also found that article interesting.
I think all seeds have enough reserves to germinate and grow for a while
before needing any external nutrients.
The only requirement is moisture and in some cases light/heat. The biggest
problem with germinating any seed is usually the moisture requirement. Too
much and the seed may rot, particularly if the seed takes a long time to
germinate (bloody bananas). I assume that once their seed has germinated
they pot it on/up fairly quickly.
A Radio programme about them goes out at 9am on 14th March live --

Old 25-02-2007, 12:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
writes

A Radio programme about them goes out at 9am on 14th March live --

On which channel Rupert?

Now I have a superb Evoke 3 radio which I can set to record programmes
(as sky television). It's great for Gardeners Question time and so on.

One thing strikes me, why are there so few gardening programmes on Dab
radio?

Janet
Old 25-02-2007, 02:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
writes

A Radio programme about them goes out at 9am on 14th March live --

On which channel Rupert?

Now I have a superb Evoke 3 radio which I can set to record programmes (as
sky television). It's great for Gardeners Question time and so on.

One thing strikes me, why are there so few gardening programmes on Dab
radio?

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

Sorry Radio 4 --I am fairly certain. Fascinating company perhaps I might buy
one of their purpose made boxes--it's a bit like having a Harrods carrier
bag.:-)