Old 25-02-2007, 12:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Fox or what....

On 24/2/07 20:19, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 23/2/07 19:53, in article , "Rupert
(W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 23/2/07 18:12, in article , "Rupert
(W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Lez Pawl" wrote in message
could have done this,

http://www.daj.fseltd.btinternet.co.uk/Foxy.htm

dj

Am I being a bit slow. You said squirrel like and at a guess they are
the
culprits. Seems a very sensible thing to do-if you re a squirrel

A plastic container? I suppose it's possible but if Lez has seen foxes
they're most likely. In thinking of dogs I must be influenced by ours
who
have been known to raid staff rucksacks if they're carelessly left
within
reach! ;-)

I found a plastic cup neatly packed with horse chestnuts buried near a
freshly planted tree a few years ago. Us northern squirrels is reet
cleva.:-)

Bah gum, lad.... I'm impressed! I would have thought genuinely wild
animals would eschew plastic (there's a joke or pun in there somewhere)
and
I am - genuinely - amazed to read this. I'm quite pleased too, for some
reason!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Perhaps it's something to do with keeping your nuts dry.

I couldn't possibly comment.

I assume the nice
dry plastic cup stops them germinating. I do not know if it's just the
Northern birds that do it but most nests seem to contain plastic,
particularly the stuff from round cig packets, polystyrene cups and that
nasty light green synthetic garden twine.
.

You'd think there'd be some scent from all this stuff that would put them
off. But now that I think of it, all the birds take little ribbony torn
bits off the Mypex here so it has to be a rather nice from of cohabitation.
;-)
And speaking of which, may I suggest that everyone puts the combings from
their hairbrushes out the window for the birds to pick up and use just as
they would e.g. sheep wool from barbed wire fences.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/
(remove weeds from address)

Does it realy fox the fox? John Towill United Kingdom 292 14-02-2004 10:34 AM
It's a Fox...not a coon... BenignVanilla Ponds 3 07-08-2003 02:32 PM
Is my Flying fox an SAE Scott Rogahn Freshwater Aquaria Plants 12 19-06-2003 11:32 AM
Fox toilet Judy Rigby United Kingdom 16 22-05-2003 08:08 PM
Urban fox hedgehog United Kingdom 5 18-03-2003 06:20 PM