Old 28-02-2007, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default urg meet

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
I'm still hoping to have an urg meet here on 7th July with the option of
going down to Charlie's nursery on the 8th - people could probably take in
the Eden Project that day, too but Charlie will give timings and

directions
for that!
People who want to make it a bit of a holiday could perhaps, go on from
Charlie's to Penzance and take the helicopter to Tresco the next day for a
day or overnight trip.

For those who'd like to come here, we have room in the car park for a

couple
or three caravans, as those who have been before will know; lunch is on

us
and the evenings are, as tour directors say, 'at liberty'. ;-) There are
several good b&bs in and around this village and a very little further
afield and there is plenty to see and do in the area generally. Our local
pub is very good and there are other and excellent ones around here, too.

If
anyone who hopes to come wants to know about local accommodation, let me
know.
I've been in contact with Cormaic and they're going to try to make it if
they can.
Unhappily, recent developments in this group mean that two people are not
included in this open invitation and I feel quite sure they know who they
are, so am going into that no further. It's something I regret *very*

much
having to say.
If you would like to join us, please email me or let me know here and if
anyone has any food allergies, please nudge me nearer the time. I'll post

reminder a bit later, too.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Just to let everyone know that whilst we can not offer anyone a bed for the
night we shall as Sacha has indicated be home on both days and are happy to
entertain you all either in dribs and drabs or on mass!
We know we are a long way down and most will not want to make the extra
journey. Any one who does want to make a short break of it we are within
half a mile of two camp sites and numerous B&Bs I will ask nearer the time
who might be coming.
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 28-02-2007, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27 Feb, 23:20, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from Sacha contains these
words:

Unhappily, recent developments in this group mean that two people are not
included in this open invitation and I feel quite sure they know who they
are, so am going into that no further. It's something I regret *very* much
having to say.

Given this caveat, you cannot actually call it a 'meet' Sacha, since
NO-ONE can ever be excluded from a true meet. Better call it 'a soiree'
or some other such pretentious nonsense!

--
AnneJ

Was that really necessary, why on earth did you make that nasty
comment for - I am gobsmacked!!!

Judith

Old 28-02-2007, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Anne Jackson
writes
The message from Sacha contains these
words:

Unhappily, recent developments in this group mean that two people are not
included in this open invitation and I feel quite sure they know who they
are, so am going into that no further. It's something I regret *very* much
having to say.

Given this caveat, you cannot actually call it a 'meet' Sacha, since
NO-ONE can ever be excluded from a true meet. Better call it 'a soiree'
or some other such pretentious nonsense!

She says they know who they are. Mystery abounds. I expect I am one of
the two excluded, although I can think of at least two others she has
taken even more of a dislike to than me and the first person. As I have
been informed that she accused at least two people of making threats to
her family (I don't believe one of them was me, or at least I hope it
wasn't, because I didn't), it's something I regret *very* much having
to say
--
June Hughes

Old 28-02-2007, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message .com,
" writes
On 27 Feb, 23:20, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from Sacha contains these
words:

Unhappily, recent developments in this group mean that two people are not
included in this open invitation and I feel quite sure they know who they
are, so am going into that no further. It's something I regret *very* much
having to say.

Given this caveat, you cannot actually call it a 'meet' Sacha, since
NO-ONE can ever be excluded from a true meet. Better call it 'a soiree'
or some other such pretentious nonsense!

--
AnneJ

Was that really necessary, why on earth did you make that nasty
comment for - I am gobsmacked!!!

Writing as one of the people Sacha loves to ostracise, I don't think it
was nasty. Just a fair comment.
--
June Hughes
Old 28-02-2007, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28 Feb, 16:24, wrote:
On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:20:54 GMT, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from Sacha contains these
words:

Unhappily, recent developments in this group mean that two people are not
included in this open invitation and I feel quite sure they know who they
are, so am going into that no further. It's something I regret *very* much
having to say.

Given this caveat, you cannot actually call it a 'meet' Sacha, since
NO-ONE can ever be excluded from a true meet. Better call it 'a soiree'
or some other such pretentious nonsense!

Contact Puce for bookings for the urg summer holiday in Aran in the Big Red Bus.

I see our resident troll is back - for goodness sake what started out
as an invitation to a meet has turned into one or two people grinding
their own particular axes, we are all bored to death with it - give it
a rest.

Judth

Old 28-02-2007, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message . com,
" writes
On 28 Feb, 16:24, wrote:
[...]

Not necessarily, Judith. Two people were specifically excluded from the
invitation. If you want to make someone feel uncomfortable, that is the
way to do it. She could just as well have invited people by email and
left it out of urg altogether. That way, those who were excluded didn't
have to know about it and those she wanted to attend would. Instead of
that, she broadcast it for all to see. Would you like it if it were you
who were excluded?
--
June Hughes
Old 28-02-2007, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
On 28/2/07 16:49, in article
. com,

wrote:
[...]

Imagine the cheek of me thinking it was my right to invite who I wish to our
house. ;-))

This is Usenet. You specifically said there were two people you were
not inviting out of all those who read and write here. That makes
people feel uncomfortable but you must have known that. It is like the
child at school announcing in front of the whole class, 'I am having a
birthday party for everyone in the class, except for two people'. It
would surely have been better if you had emailed those you were
inviting. You can do that in one email addressed to many, as I am sure
you are aware. You have mentioned since how you have heard from people
about others trying to sabotage your party. If you had restricted your
announcements to email, that would not have happened, would it? (And
before you start, no, it was not me who attempted to sabotage your do).
--
June Hughes

Old 28-02-2007, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28 Feb, 16:59, June Hughes wrote:
In message . com,
" writes

On 28 Feb, 16:24, wrote:
[...]

June Hughes- Hide quoted text -

Why on earth should she invite by email, it is an urg meet and if
certain people have offended her, then it is her right not to invite
them.

I will be having an urg meet and again, there is a person that I
would not like to see in my home. I have been to meets where an
individual would not be welcome, this is life, we invite into our
sitting rooms members of a group and if one or two are excluded, then
too bad.

If I had insulted anyone the way Sacha has been insulted, then I would
be very surprised indeed if I were invited. This is my last word on
the subject as all genuine urglers are sick to the teeth of this.

Judith

Old 28-02-2007, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

anyone has any food allergies, please nudge me nearer the time. I'll post a
reminder a bit later, too.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/
(remove weeds from address)

It sounds great and I would very much like to come. I wonder whether you
have a small piece of ground I could camp on or whether you could
recommend a camp-site nearby.

Janet G
Old 28-02-2007, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message .com,
" writes

wrote:
[...]

What do you mean by 'hide quoted text'? I had no quoted text.
Why on earth should she invite by email, it is an urg meet and if
certain people have offended her, then it is her right not to invite
them.

It is a meet of selected urg people, and therefore private. As already
said, this is Usenet.
I will be having an urg meet and again, there is a person that I
would not like to see in my home. I have been to meets where an
individual would not be welcome, this is life, we invite into our
sitting rooms members of a group and if one or two are excluded, then
too bad.

If I had insulted anyone the way Sacha has been insulted, then I would
be very surprised indeed if I were invited. This is my last word on
the subject as all genuine urglers are sick to the teeth of this.

Yes, I expect they are. I can't understand why you insist on carrying
it on.
--
June Hughes
Old 28-02-2007, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 28, 5:28 pm, June Hughes
wrote:
In message .com,
" writes

Would you like it if it were you
who were excluded?
--
June Hughes-

Yes, I expect they are. I can't understand why you insist on carrying
it on.
--
June Hughes-

That's a bit daft June as you asked me a question and I answered it!!!

Judith

Devon urg meet Sacha United Kingdom 2 16-05-2007 07:36 PM
misinformation about urg meet here Sacha United Kingdom 2 25-02-2007 06:14 PM
URG meet 2007? Sacha United Kingdom 10 19-09-2006 03:18 PM
Parallel lines in agriculture do meet? Phred sci.agriculture 7 30-03-2003 05:44 PM
++ Meet More Women Easily With Pheromones ++ [email protected] Ponds 0 25-01-2003 03:33 PM