Old 01-03-2007, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default urg meet

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 20:37:18 +0000, June Hughes
wrote:

In message om,
" writes
On 28 Feb, 19:55, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from " contains these words:

On 27 Feb, 23:20, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from Sacha contains these
words:

Unhappily, recent developments in this group mean that two people
are not
included in this open invitation and I feel quite sure they know
who they
are, so am going into that no further. It's something I regret
*very* much
having to say.

Given this caveat, you cannot actually call it a 'meet' Sacha, since
NO-ONE can ever be excluded from a true meet. Better call it 'a soiree'
or some other such pretentious nonsense!

Was that really necessary, why on earth did you make that nasty
comment for - I am gobsmacked!!!

Judith, I have never, ever, in all my years on Usenet, seen anyone
arranging a meet, and then saying that certain people aren't welcome!
A meet is open to all, and if it _isn't_ then it's not a meet!!

But does it matter Anne? there are some people who are deliberately
baiting Sacha, it's not fair and it's unkind and I don't mean you, I
have always found you to be generous in your comments to all.

After all a meet is not official or otherwise, it is a collection of
people of like minds, who have an interest in gardening and there are
no rules about invitations etc.

Lets just leave Sacha to enjoy people coming to her home who are happy
to see her and I will be one of those.

No-one is baiting Sacha. If anything, she is baiting them by announcing
that they are not invited.

What's wrong with that? When you have a party, don't you choose who
to invite and who not to invite?
As I see it the only alternative would be to invite all comers, with
the risk that certain troublemakers might turn up to carry on their
argument in person.

As to identifying the people by name, that seems unnecessary and would
only cause more argument. If anyone has reason to think it might apply
to them, they will presumably choose to stay away.

I have never met Sacha, but in her place I would do just the same.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 28/2/07 11:11, in article , "Charlie
Pridham" wrote:

snip

Just to let everyone know that whilst we can not offer anyone a bed for

the
night we shall as Sacha has indicated be home on both days and are happy

entertain you all either in dribs and drabs or on mass!
We know we are a long way down and most will not want to make the extra
journey. Any one who does want to make a short break of it we are within
half a mile of two camp sites and numerous B&Bs I will ask nearer the

time
who might be coming.

Charlie, how long would it take to drive from our meet to your meet, do

you
think? I'm just thinking it would help people to plan their weekend as

they
could decide whether to drive down to your area on the Saturday night or

the
Sunday morning.
I imagine being a Saturday meet here, it's going to be difficult for you

and
Liz to get away and come to lunch here? If you can make it, that would be
lovely!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Liz says its about a 2 hour drive via Plymouth and if no one wants to come
down here (i.e. no takers!) then we may consider coming up on the Saturday
in order to meet people although its our only free weekend until end of
September so we may chicken out :~)
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 01-03-2007, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote
Can anybody explain why Google groups inserts

I don't post via Google but often use the archive to check for past
threads or particular answers. Isn't the hide/show just for choice? You
can click on the 'show' so it reveals the whole message as written, with
the parts of the previous message that the poster quoted, or hide the
quotes if you prefer. I think it's just to save screen space.

--
Sue

Old 01-03-2007, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Sue
writes

Hardly. It was just bitchy and silly. Obviously anyone hosting a meet on
their own property is at liberty to include or exclude anyone they wish.

Not to mention the fact that if you can't exclude some people from a meet
on your own property then no one would feel happy about holding them!
After all it's not a public Meeting in a Park or Gardens which would be
something completely different.
I didn't know that 'Meet' had a rigid definition! After all (to be
pedantic) an Annual General Meeting excludes all but those on a fully paid
up Membership List.

If people have an objection to a Meeting's venue or Guest List then
perhaps another Meeting could be arranged by someone else to include those
that feel excluded?

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

What ! A meeting of just two people. What a horrible thought if those two
bred:-)

Old 01-03-2007, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote

Is this something else I'm to be left out of? I object, most strongly!!
AnneJ

Q: How will the gatecrashers be kept out?

Jenny "~)

Old 01-03-2007, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1/3/07 14:50, in article , "BAC"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 1/3/07 10:28, in article
,
"charles" wrote:
snip

I have never met Sacha, but in her place I would do just the same.

The thing that absolutely amazes me, is that two women who so often make
crystal clear their thorough dislike of me would even consider wanting to
come to our home and make this ridiculous foot-stamping fuss about doing
something they don't want to do with someone they don't like!

If that's the case, then what's the point in going public on their banned
status?

I'm surprised at this. June & Anne are not the people I will not have here,
though after this display both would need the hides of rhinos to imagine
they would be actually welcomed with open arms! As both of them dislike me
so intensely, I don't understand why they are making all this fuss, other
than the fact that both have made it clear that what they really want is a
fight. Pathetic! It would be much more to the point, if they were thinking
of the good of this group, if they deplored the behaviour in this group
which led to me having to do this. Common sense would dictate that I am not
having in our home, people who have sworn at me, insulted me, virtually
stalked me and in one case harassed me for years.

Old 01-03-2007, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 17:03:41 +0100, "JennyC"
wrote:

"Anne Jackson" wrote

Is this something else I'm to be left out of? I object, most strongly!!
AnneJ

Q: How will the gatecrashers be kept out?

A: As a warning IOW man's head will be impaled on a spear over the main
gate,
boiling essential oils will be poured from the battlements.
memories of Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Martin

Beware of people lurking in the shrubbery..............nie nie nie
Jenny

Old 01-03-2007, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"BAC" wrote
"Martin" wrote
Duh! Sacha. All this time I thought it was a man and a woman.

Me, too. Does that mean that Mike could cruise over from the IOW and
attend?

LOL you two aren't paying attention.

The two women refers to the ones making the hoohah about who might or
might not be excluded. Everyone else knows exactly who was meant by the
exclusions, I should think.

--
Sue

Devon urg meet Sacha United Kingdom 2 16-05-2007 07:36 PM
misinformation about urg meet here Sacha United Kingdom 2 25-02-2007 06:14 PM
URG meet 2007? Sacha United Kingdom 10 19-09-2006 03:18 PM
Parallel lines in agriculture do meet? Phred sci.agriculture 7 30-03-2003 05:44 PM
++ Meet More Women Easily With Pheromones ++ [email protected] Ponds 0 25-01-2003 03:33 PM