Old 24-02-2007, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default urg meet

I'm still hoping to have an urg meet here on 7th July with the option of
going down to Charlie's nursery on the 8th - people could probably take in
the Eden Project that day, too but Charlie will give timings and directions
for that!
People who want to make it a bit of a holiday could perhaps, go on from
Charlie's to Penzance and take the helicopter to Tresco the next day for a
day or overnight trip.

For those who'd like to come here, we have room in the car park for a couple
or three caravans, as those who have been before will know; lunch is on us
and the evenings are, as tour directors say, 'at liberty'. ;-) There are
several good b&bs in and around this village and a very little further
afield and there is plenty to see and do in the area generally. Our local
pub is very good and there are other and excellent ones around here, too. If
anyone who hopes to come wants to know about local accommodation, let me
know.
I've been in contact with Cormaic and they're going to try to make it if
they can.
Unhappily, recent developments in this group mean that two people are not
included in this open invitation and I feel quite sure they know who they
are, so am going into that no further. It's something I regret *very* much
having to say.
If you would like to join us, please email me or let me know here and if
anyone has any food allergies, please nudge me nearer the time. I'll post a
reminder a bit later, too.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 24-02-2007, 12:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24 Feb, 11:55, Sacha wrote:

I'm still hoping to have an urg meet here on 7th July with the option of
going down to Charlie's nursery on the 8th - people could probably take Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

I want to come and I will look into a cheap flight to you. If you
look at my web page, you will see that I have committments around and
after the 7th but that won't put me off flying in for a night. What's
your nearest airport and if I come, can you pick me up from the
airport if it's not too far away. If it is, I will hire a car.

Judith at home

Old 24-02-2007, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24 Feb, 12:43, Sacha wrote:
On 24/2/07 12:34, in article
. com,

" wrote:
On 24 Feb, 11:55, Sacha wrote:

I'm still hoping to have an urg meet here on 7th July with the option of
going down to Charlie's nursery on the 8th - people could probably take
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

I want to come and I will look into a cheap flight to you. If you
look at my web page, you will see that I have committments around and
after the 7th but that won't put me off flying in for a night. What's
your nearest airport and if I come, can you pick me up from the
airport if it's not too far away. If it is, I will hire a car.

Judith at home

Lovely! Our nearest airports are Plymouth and Exeter and we're equidistant
from them. Fly down on the Friday night, if you'd like to. The nearest
station is Totnes or Newton Abbot, though I know you won't want to come by
train! Of course one of us will pick you up and both airports are about 30
minutes away. I've ear marked the spare rooms for you and Cormaic & Mrs
Taz. I'm afraid you'll have to share a bathroom but I'm sure you're all
house trained. ;-)
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devonhttp://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/
(remove weeds from address)- Hide quoted text -

That is wonderful, I'd love to see Cormaic and Mrs. Taz again. I hope
Kay will be coming as I would like to see her also.

Judith at home

Old 24-02-2007, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/2/07 12:49, in article
,
" wrote:

On 24 Feb, 12:43, Sacha wrote:
On 24/2/07 12:34, in article
. com,

" wrote:
On 24 Feb, 11:55, Sacha wrote:

[...]

Last time they came to one down here, they camped in my then garden. They'd
be more than welcome to do the same here.

Old 24-02-2007, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:55:02 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article ) :

I'm still hoping to have an urg meet here on 7th July with the option of
going down to Charlie's nursery on the 8th - people could probably take in
the Eden Project that day, too but Charlie will give timings and directions
for that!
People who want to make it a bit of a holiday could perhaps, go on from
Charlie's to Penzance and take the helicopter to Tresco the next day for a
day or overnight trip.

snip

Sacha, Tony and I would love to come since we have never been to an urg meet
before. My cousin has recently moved to South Zeal which is just round the
corner from you, according to the map, and will put us up. What sort of time
do people usually gather?

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

Old 24-02-2007, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/2/07 18:44, in article
, "Sally Thompson"
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:55:02 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article ) :

I'm still hoping to have an urg meet here on 7th July with the option of
going down to Charlie's nursery on the 8th - people could probably take in
the Eden Project that day, too but Charlie will give timings and directions
for that!
People who want to make it a bit of a holiday could perhaps, go on from
Charlie's to Penzance and take the helicopter to Tresco the next day for a
day or overnight trip.

snip

Sacha, Tony and I would love to come since we have never been to an urg meet
before. My cousin has recently moved to South Zeal which is just round the
corner from you, according to the map, and will put us up. What sort of time
do people usually gather?

Sally that would be lovely and yes, South Zeal isn't too far off, maybe 45
minutes or so. Bring your cousin if you think he or she would like to come.
A past urgler brought her son and it's a very easy-going arrangement in
which we pray only for good weather! I've been lucky the last twice and
we've been able to eat in the respective gardens.
Usually, we get together over coffee around 11 - others may do it
differently, of course, but on my two previous meets, that's how we did it.
If people want to bring plants to swap that's the time it happens, the chat
goes on, people wander round the garden (and nursery in our case), have
lunch, chat a bit more, have a bit more wine, chat some more, wander again
and toddle off when they're ready. If enough people want to stick around
this area and have a sort of group dinner at our local pub, I can book a
table in advance for that but will have to have firm numbers a week before
and all the surnames so the landlady can sort out the bills! If people want
to push on down to Charlie's that evening, they'll have a whole day for
Charlie's nursery and for Eden.
I do hope you come, it would be lovely to meet you. It's always fun putting
faces to names, too!
Have a look at this and you'll see some of us, past and present urglers and
the late and deeply lamented Edward Sparkes whose wife, Jennifer, still
posts here and will come to this July's meet, I hope JENNIFER! I'm also
going to contact a few other past urglers to see if they can come, too.
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/devon02.htm

Old 24-02-2007, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 19:38:35 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article ) :

On 24/2/07 18:44, in article
, "Sally Thompson"
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:55:02 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article ) :

I'm still hoping to have an urg meet here on 7th July with the option of
going down to Charlie's nursery on the 8th

snip

Sacha, Tony and I would love to come since we have never been to an urg meet
before. My cousin has recently moved to South Zeal which is just round the
corner from you, according to the map, and will put us up. What sort of
time
do people usually gather?

Sally that would be lovely and yes, South Zeal isn't too far off, maybe 45
minutes or so. Bring your cousin if you think he or she would like to come.

That's kind of you. I'll ask her. She's a very good and knowledgeable
gardener so might jump at the chance if she isn't elsewhere engaged.

Usually, we get together over coffee around 11 - others may do it
differently, of course, but on my two previous meets, that's how we did it.

OK.

If people want to bring plants to swap that's the time it happens, the chat
goes on, people wander round the garden (and nursery in our case), have
lunch, chat a bit more, have a bit more wine, chat some more, wander again
and toddle off when they're ready.

Sounds good :-) I'm probably quite expert at the chatting and drinking wine
bit - well, you have to be expert in something, don't you.

If enough people want to stick around
this area and have a sort of group dinner at our local pub, I can book a
table in advance for that but will have to have firm numbers a week before
and all the surnames so the landlady can sort out the bills!

OK, noted, we would like to do that but will depend on cousin! Will let you
know in advance.

I do hope you come, it would be lovely to meet you. It's always fun putting
faces to names, too!

Certainly is.

Have a look at this and you'll see some of us, past and present urglers and
the late and deeply lamented Edward Sparkes whose wife, Jennifer, still
posts here and will come to this July's meet, I hope JENNIFER! I'm also
going to contact a few other past urglers to see if they can come, too.
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/devon02.htm

Thanks for the reminder of the link. That's probably about when I first
latched onto urg with many questions about our strange land/slag heap.
You're taller than on usenet bg

I'm really looking forward to meeting you and all the other names which have
become familiar to me here.

Old 24-02-2007, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:

BIG snip

.. http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/devon02.htm

Fascinating. I like a drop of wine......gardens........oh yes, so there are

--
ßôyþëtë

Old 25-02-2007, 12:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes

If people want to bring plants to swap

Oh bother, it's 4 and a half hours journey from here so don't think we'd
make it. Maybe I could send the plants down on their own?

--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association

Old 25-02-2007, 12:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/2/07 22:25, in article , "BoyPete"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:

BIG snip

.
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/devon02.htm

Fascinating. I like a drop of wine......gardens........oh yes, so there are

And..........? ;-)

Old 25-02-2007, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon

Well, I'll make sure to duck out of the way of any cameras this time
or at least hide behind the polytunnels when indulging in a glass of
chateau Landscove! What Tony failed to point out was that it was the
same glass throughout. Anyone would think that I was doing a Keith
Floyd. Me? Surely not!

Devon urg meet Sacha United Kingdom 2 16-05-2007 07:36 PM
misinformation about urg meet here Sacha United Kingdom 2 25-02-2007 06:14 PM
URG meet 2007? Sacha United Kingdom 10 19-09-2006 03:18 PM
Parallel lines in agriculture do meet? Phred sci.agriculture 7 30-03-2003 05:44 PM
++ Meet More Women Easily With Pheromones ++ [email protected] Ponds 0 25-01-2003 03:33 PM