GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Worried - Do I pinch out my seedlings? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/15450-worried-do-i-pinch-out-my-seedlings.html)

Janna 18-04-2003 04:44 PM

Worried - Do I pinch out my seedlings?

I am growing lots of lovely flowers from seeds, and I wonder if I should be
pinching them out? If so, at what stage of their growth? Does that include
climbers such as Morning Glory as I have 4 varieties of these?

Could anyone advise me?

Grateful thanks.

JennyC 18-04-2003 05:32 PM

"Janna" wrote in message
I am growing lots of lovely flowers from seeds, and I wonder if I

should be
pinching them out? If so, at what stage of their growth? Does that

include
climbers such as Morning Glory as I have 4 varieties of these?

Could anyone advise me?
Grateful thanks.

Depends a bit what you have :~))But pinching out will make them more
bushy............

Morning glories are climbing plants so I usually let mine romp away.

Jenny

The Devil's Advocate 18-04-2003 06:32 PM

Worried - Do I pinch out my seedlings?

If it includes sweet peas you must pinch those out

JennyC wrote:
: "Janna" wrote in message
: ...
:: I am growing lots of lovely flowers from seeds, and I wonder if I
:: should be pinching them out? If so, at what stage of their growth?
:: Does that include climbers such as Morning Glory as I have 4
:: varieties of these?
::
:: Could anyone advise me?
:: Grateful thanks.