GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Heliobore flowers eaten (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/154736-heliobore-flowers-eaten.html)

John T 01-03-2007 05:04 PM

Heliobore flowers eaten

3rd season white heliobore flowers being eaten

any ideas, birds, mice?
solution?
TIA

JT Solihull

Gill Matthews 01-03-2007 08:43 PM

Heliobore flowers eaten

In article , says...
3rd season white heliobore flowers being eaten

any ideas, birds, mice?
solution?
TIA

JT Solihull

when I turn over the last years leaves of my admittedly magenta hellebore I always
find hibernating snails. I do a bit os a snail massacre in late jan early feb but
suspect that they might otherwise awake a bit peckish ad do for the flowers

Gill M

Keith Kent 01-03-2007 10:28 PM

Heliobore flowers eaten

"Gill Matthews" Try the wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...
3rd season white heliobore flowers being eaten

any ideas, birds, mice?
solution?
TIA

JT Solihull

when I turn over the last years leaves of my admittedly magenta hellebore
I always
find hibernating snails. I do a bit os a snail massacre in late jan early
feb but
suspect that they might otherwise awake a bit peckish ad do for the
flowers

Gill M

Hellebores
I would probably blame slugs/snails.

Instep 02-03-2007 04:53 PM

Heliobore flowers eaten

"John T" wrote in message
k...
3rd season white heliobore flowers being eaten

any ideas, birds, mice?
solution?
TIA

JT Solihull