Old 02-03-2007, 07:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Interest in Gardening

""There has been a noticeable active interest in gardening in the United
Kingdom over the last 10 - 15 years""

Given the above statement, is this due to a) The flood of Gardening
programmes on Television or b) The increase of Garden Centres such as B & Q
where shopping for the garden has been made easier for the first time and
more inexperienced gardener?

Discuss

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 02-03-2007, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
""There has been a noticeable active interest in gardening in the United
Kingdom over the last 10 - 15 years""

Given the above statement, is this due to a) The flood of Gardening
programmes on Television or b) The increase of Garden Centres such as B &
Q where shopping for the garden has been made easier for the first time
and more inexperienced gardener?

Discuss

Mike

--
.................................................. ........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Discuss Discuss makes you cringe doesn't it

Old 02-03-2007, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 17:47:40 -0000, "Dave" wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in message
""There has been a noticeable active interest in gardening in the United
Kingdom over the last 10 - 15 years""

Given the above statement, is this due to a) The flood of Gardening
programmes on Television or b) The increase of Garden Centres such as B &
Q where shopping for the garden has been made easier for the first time
and more inexperienced gardener?

Discuss

Mike

--
.................................................. ........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk
www.nsrafa.com

Discuss Discuss makes you cringe doesn't it

If that makes you cringe, you should see his photographs!
Old 02-03-2007, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2 Mar, 07:38, "'Mike'" wrote:
""There has been a noticeable active interest in gardening in the United
Kingdom over the last 10 - 15 years""
Given the above statement, is this due to a) The flood of Gardening
programmes on Television or b) The increase of Garden Centres such as B & Q
where shopping for the garden has been made easier for the first time and
more inexperienced gardener?

c) A return to our roots (cultural needs), the want to grow our grubs,
environmental issues, health issues, this land is our land etc....

Just returned from London, Chelsea school of design for a one day
workshop on garden design (offered to me by KLC plus 30 quids to spend
on books on Amazon). It's part of my diploma but the workshop was also
open to everybody. We were around 20, from retired teachers, a laywer
(still young 15 years into her profession), lots doing the same course
as me, 2 ladies which had been given the course as a present, most
wanting a change of careers and a handful wanting to do their own
garden. It seems to me that there is also a wish to pass on their
experiences in gardening - all were gardeners, design is secondary.
And that can only be a good thing.

What also struck me is that there was in another class lots of
foreigners, particularly some young French students who cannot find
such courses in France. England seems to be leading a move towards
garden design and more to the point the quality in teaching is
excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and met some fantastic people -
some with whom I'll keep in touch and certainly will work with.

PS. There was however a Portugese woman who had never heard about
compost ...

Old 02-03-2007, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
""There has been a noticeable active interest in gardening in the United
Kingdom over the last 10 - 15 years""

There's been an active interest in gardening in the UK for a LOT longer than
15 years!!!!!!

Neil.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2 Mar, 23:37, "Neil Tonks" wrote:
There's been an active interest in gardening in the UK for a LOT longer than
15 years!!!!!!

I think what Mike means is that with the increase in population, the
needs to build more housing, the change in our cities, the huge
redevelopments of our inner cities and the awareness of our
environment, in the food we eat, its provenance and its ethics, in the
way we live and bring our kids up, means that gardening has taken a
new role in our lives, and that in every part of our society, not only
for those with acres of land/gardens, or in leafy suburbs.

Combine this with the change in our planning policies, the rise of
housing prices, education, transport, the aspiration to have a bit of
land to cultivate, to be in touch with nature has contributed to the
rise of gardening programmes on tv and access to resources for all via
gardening centres sprouting up everywhere and not only for a minority
of people, not only for one class of people. The rat race, the stuffy
office life many leads and the increasing pressures of work have
contributed to the creation of giving more choices to people - to
reconsider the way they live, the way they work, and given them the
choice to change careers and spend their time outside these pressures,
bringing with them their knowledge of business, hence the 'garden
business' that has increased in the last 15 years.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Neil Tonks" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
""There has been a noticeable active interest in gardening in the United
Kingdom over the last 10 - 15 years""

There's been an active interest in gardening in the UK for a LOT longer
than 15 years!!!!!!

I would have thought that it needed at least one extra '0'!

Alan

Neil.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 3/3/07 21:17, in article , "Alan
Holmes" wrote:

"Neil Tonks" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
""There has been a noticeable active interest in gardening in the United
Kingdom over the last 10 - 15 years""

There's been an active interest in gardening in the UK for a LOT longer
than 15 years!!!!!!

I would have thought that it needed at least one extra '0'!

You're all answering a well known and long term troll. Why fall for it?
Stop, read, think! Do you *really* think that gardeners on a seriously
involved gardening group fall for this garbage? Some members of urg have
be gardening for 50 years, or more. This person is not contributing to the
sum of urg's knowledge.
He sucks in new responses by this form of post and by his own admission he
knows nothing about gardening. Please do not encourage this person.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 04-03-2007, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 3 Mar, 23:08, Sacha wrote:
You're all answering a well known and long term troll. Why fall for it?
Stop, read, think! Do you *really* think that gardeners on a seriously
involved gardening group fall for this garbage? Some members of urg have
be gardening for 50 years, or more.

Do you know everybody here? I don't think Mike talks garbage at all.
The way he has started the thread is perhaps a bit blunt, for use of a
better word, but the issue is something to think about. It is someting
we are all talking about at the moment. In the real world that is. Do
you now dictate who we should talk to and who we should read or for
that matter shouldn't? On what authority do you control a usenet
group?

This person is not contributing to the
sum of urg's knowledge.
He sucks in new responses by this form of post and by his own admission he
knows nothing about gardening. Please do not encourage this person.

You have known Mike for years - some of us haven't. So far I have seen
a man who is in constant querel with you - the reasons are numerous
but that doesn't mean he is a troll. This means that he is holding you
on a lot of issues. Basically you have issues with this man, issues
with many other people in here and I would suggest you stop dictating
others what they should or shouldn't do. People are quite capable of
making their own judgements. By pointing the fingers at people you
don't approve, for reasons only known to you, you are disrupting
people abilities to think for themselves, doubt many, killfile on the
basis that indeed he/she must be a troll because you don't like them.

Really you ought to chill out.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 4 Mar, 15:21, Sacha wrote:
You cannot imagine how glad I am to see you write this. "Like calls unto
like".

You think what you want Sacha. Your bitterness for anything that you
dim to be not worth your elevated status (deluded more like) is plain
to see. I will not go into a row with you again because I don't feel
like pleasing your ego and again talk about you and yours. You are so
boring and dull, it's beyond beleif. I think I've probed you enough to
determine how you think and proceed and find what kind of woman you
really are. I'm satisfied to see that you're quite deranged actually
and reassuringly enough, I'm not the only one who think this. Clearly,
from the urg.meet thread, you have managed to show your true colours.
Indeed, like calls unto like. I'd rather stab my foot with my garden
fork than bow at your feet like your 5 mignons cluching a plug plant
from you.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 4 Mar, 16:52, Sacha wrote:
Well now, let's see. Since your last foaming at the mouth outburst, I have
ignored you entirely. The decision to use my daughters to have a dig at me
was yours and yours alone and it remains so. I have said and done nothing
to you to encourage that. So - you will take the consequences.

You're a vicious horrible woman. You've posted that your kids had
ancestors who had owned land. What do I care if they do or don't. If
they do I've suggested it would be nice to help the allotments in
questions. You took it the wrong way again. It shows your disturbed
and twisted mind. You're so ugly, if I was you I would have just
ignored it. But no. Now you're going to destroy me or something like
this. You're barmy.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 4/3/07 17:05, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

On 4 Mar, 16:52, Sacha wrote:
Well now, let's see. Since your last foaming at the mouth outburst, I have
ignored you entirely. The decision to use my daughters to have a dig at me
was yours and yours alone and it remains so. I have said and done nothing
to you to encourage that. So - you will take the consequences.

You're a vicious horrible woman. You've posted that your kids had
ancestors who had owned land. What do I care if they do or don't. If
they do I've suggested it would be nice to help the allotments in
questions. You took it the wrong way again. It shows your disturbed
and twisted mind. You're so ugly, if I was you I would have just
ignored it. But no. Now you're going to destroy me or something like
this. You're barmy.

No Mrs Rudlin, née Delguel, formerly of Ecole St. Marthe, Perigueux (pic
attached to your entry). I did not post that my 'kids' had ancestors who
owned land. I said *one* ancestor gave some land for allotments.

Barmy is someone who drives to another's house just to be photographed
outside it and post the photo on the Internet. That photo is going to
URBED, Helene and your MP - perhaps in fact, the police, too. Stalking and
harassment are crimes.

Barmy is someone who looks up all the groups someone else posts to but uses
just one to bolster her cockeyed argument.

Barmy is someone who looks at another person's wish list on Amazon when it
has nothing to do with them. That's barmy. Have you any idea at all what a
mad, obsessive thing that is to do? Or is this so normal for you that you
don't see how barmy you are?

Barmy is someone who uses my children to hurt me. That is the last straw
and a very, very big mistake on your part. Just huge. Shall I get your
children's names from the Census and post them here with birthdates etc.?
Shall I find photos of them and post links to them here? I have your
marriage date to David J Rudlin so all else is the work of mere minutes.

We'll let your husband's employers, the public, via your MP, find out
whether his secretary wife is barmy and whether she is mis-using one million
pounds of public money whiling away her publicly-funded time conducting
vendettas on the internet. URBED London may have sent a letter to your
husband telling him that your use of the term 'my London office' is
undesirable for all of your interests but clearly they have not brought home
to you with sufficient vigour, that pursuing others around the Internet is
equally undesirable for you and for URBED.
I daresay they will now.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 4 Mar, 17:32, Sacha wrote:
No Mrs Rudlin, née Delguel, formerly of Ecole St. Marthe, Perigueux (pic
attached to your entry). I did not post that my 'kids' had ancestors who
owned land. I said *one* ancestor gave some land for allotments.

Sick. You're sick!

Shall I get your
children's names from the Census and post them here with birthdates etc.?
Shall I find photos of them and post links to them here? I have your
marriage date to David J Rudlin so all else is the work of mere minutes.

I don't threaten you. But you are clearly threatening me to do this.
Your ISP is now aware of this. My god! What have I done for such a
reaction from you?!! You're totally mad! I will never ever reply to
you ever. You're a frightening woman!!