GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Visiting Eden, Heligan - hotel? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/154798-visiting-eden-heligan-hotel.html)

[email protected] 02-03-2007 09:45 PM

Visiting Eden, Heligan - hotel?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a comfortable hotel or B&B in
the St Austell area please?

Will Wilkinson 03-03-2007 03:44 AM

Visiting Eden, Heligan - hotel?

In message ,
writes
Does anyone have a recommendation for a comfortable hotel or B&B in
the St Austell area please?

We stayed at the Meudon near Falmouth last year and found it excellent -
it's around 45 mins to Eden and Heligan but has very nice gardens, good
food and its own beach. It's not cheap, but worth it - we'll certainly
go back. Website is http://www.meudon.co.uk.

Will
--
lancre dot net - The personal domain of Will and Cath Wilkinson.
Send e-mail to news dot will at lancre dot net

JennyC 03-03-2007 07:14 AM

wrote in message
Does anyone have a recommendation for a comfortable hotel or B&B in
the St Austell area please?

Loads he http://www.eden-project.co.uk/
Jenny

Charlie Pridham 03-03-2007 08:50 AM

wrote in message
Does anyone have a recommendation for a comfortable hotel or B&B in
the St Austell area please?

Try looking at www.hiddenvalleygardens.co.uk and www.marshvillagardens.com
both gardening friends and both do accommodation

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

[email protected] 03-03-2007 10:27 AM

Visiting Eden, Heligan - hotel?

Thank you everyone - plenty to choose from there!

Michelle8671 03-03-2007 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Post 695274)
Does anyone have a recommendation for a comfortable hotel or B&B in
the St Austell area please?

Well I can reccommend one. Edenview B&B is near the eden project and also Heligan gardens. We often have guests come to stay who visit both. Please feel free to take a look at our website www.eden-project.org.uk

Any questions I'd be happy to answer.

Michelle

Sacha 03-03-2007 12:08 PM

Visiting Eden, Heligan - hotel?

On 3/3/07 08:50, in article , "Charlie
Pridham" wrote:

wrote in message
Does anyone have a recommendation for a comfortable hotel or B&B in
the St Austell area please?

Try looking at
www.hiddenvalleygardens.co.uk and www.marshvillagardens.com
both gardening friends and both do accommodation

And it's worth getting the Alistair Sawday books, too - B&B for Garden
Lovers is a good one.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

shazzbat 03-03-2007 01:33 PM

Visiting Eden, Heligan - hotel?

"Will Wilkinson" wrote in message
In message ,
writes
Does anyone have a recommendation for a comfortable hotel or B&B in
the St Austell area please?

We stayed at the Meudon near Falmouth last year and found it excellent -
it's around 45 mins to Eden and Heligan but has very nice gardens, good
food and its own beach. It's not cheap, but worth it - we'll certainly go
back. Website is http://www.meudon.co.uk.

We went a few weeks ago. The site below lists lots of accomodation,
restaurants etc, to suit various pockets, and many are within 2-3 miles of
Eden.

http://www.nanscawen.com/

Steve