GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lawn Edger (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/155125-lawn-edger.html)

Fred 11-03-2007 08:38 PM

Lawn Edger

Our lawn is level with slabs. Is there, out there, a trimmer that is like
a angle grinder, solid blade that would trim the grass between the slab and
the turf, giving a nice clean cut edge. Thanks in anticipation.

Lauren 11-03-2007 08:44 PM

Lawn Edger

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 20:38:02 GMT, "Fred"
wrote:

Our lawn is level with slabs. Is there, out there, a trimmer that is like
a angle grinder, solid blade that would trim the grass between the slab and
the turf, giving a nice clean cut edge. Thanks in anticipation.

Don't be stupid.

Dave Hill 11-03-2007 09:30 PM

Lawn Edger

On 11 Mar, 20:38, "Fred" wrote:
Our lawn is level with slabs. Is there, out there, a trimmer that is like
a angle grinder, solid blade that would trim the grass between the slab and
the turf, giving a nice clean cut edge. Thanks in anticipation.

You could look at this edger http://www.taylorsgardenbuildings.co...roductid=19339
&MMCF_Zilla
Or do a web search for electric lawn edgers.

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

June Hughes 11-03-2007 09:32 PM

Lawn Edger

In message , Anne Jackson
writes
The message from "Fred" contains these words:

Our lawn is level with slabs. Is there, out there, a trimmer that is like
a angle grinder, solid blade that would trim the grass between the slab and
the turf, giving a nice clean cut edge. Thanks in anticipation.

I've never used anything but an edging spade for trimming the lawn edges...
you know the one shaped like a crescent, with a handle?

We don't have a lawn any more but over the many years when we had, I
have never used anything else either.
--
June Hughes

[email protected] 11-03-2007 09:47 PM

Lawn Edger

On Mar 11, 8:38 pm, "Fred" wrote:
Our lawn is level with slabs. Is there, out there, a trimmer that is like
a angle grinder, solid blade that would trim the grass between the slab and
the turf, giving a nice clean cut edge. Thanks in anticipation.

You don't need a solid blade, just the usual nylon cord as when you
reverse the handle of your strimmer, you can then cut a clean edge
between grass and slab. We do, it works fine.

Judith

Charlie Pridham 12-03-2007 07:56 AM

Lawn Edger

"Fred" wrote in message
.uk...
Our lawn is level with slabs. Is there, out there, a trimmer that is

like
a angle grinder, solid blade that would trim the grass between the slab

and
the turf, giving a nice clean cut edge. Thanks in anticipation.

There is a small power tool that is like an angled strimmer that does lawn
edging.
If your lawn is level with the slabs why not mow over both and not edge at
all?

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Alan Holmes 12-03-2007 08:39 PM

Lawn Edger

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "Fred" contains these
words:

Our lawn is level with slabs. Is there, out there, a trimmer that is
like
a angle grinder, solid blade that would trim the grass between the slab
and
the turf, giving a nice clean cut edge. Thanks in anticipation.

I've never used anything but an edging spade for trimming the lawn
edges...
you know the one shaped like a crescent, with a handle?

I have a feeling that he is too lazy to contemplate using a manual device!

Alan

--
AnneJ

"Better To Die On Your Feet Than Live Forever On Your Knees"
Dolores Ibaruri (La Passionaria)

R[_3_] 13-03-2007 05:46 PM

Lawn Edger

wrote:

Our lawn is level with slabs. Is there, out there, a trimmer that is
like
a angle grinder, solid blade that would trim the grass between the slab
and
the turf, giving a nice clean cut edge. Thanks in anticipation.

Don't be stupid.

Who's the stupid one here then?

Obviously that reply to the OP was based on your enormous experience on
gardening equipment then...