Old 13-03-2007, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Disapearing posts

Is it just me?
Over the last few days I have posted several replies to threads and
have been told they have been sent, yet they never appear on the
board.
Why?

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 13-03-2007, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
On 13 Mar 2007 07:27:06 -0700, "Dave Hill" wrote:

Is it just me?
Over the last few days I have posted several replies to threads and
have been told they have been sent, yet they never appear on the
board.
Why?

You plonked yourself?

I'm having the opposite problem, when I attempt to send it refuses
saying I am not authorised. Of course if it happens with this one you
will not know that will you?
Old 13-03-2007, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13 Mar, 14:47, Broadback wrote:
Martin wrote:
On 13 Mar 2007 07:27:06 -0700, "Dave Hill" wrote:

Is it just me?
Over the last few days I have posted several replies to threads and
have been told they have been sent, yet they never appear on the
board.
Why?

You plonked yourself?

I'm having the opposite problem, when I attempt to send it refuses
saying I am not authorised. Of course if it happens with this one you
will not know that will you?

There's something strange indeed Dave - not sure if Broadback and
Martin you're on google groups - but there's a huge delays. My posts
says they don't go. I delete them for fear of being shown twice, and
then they appear. Or, I see nothing posted since 11am and suddenly it
shows from 14.00 and back to 11am. Weird.

Old 13-03-2007, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is it just me?
Over the last few days I have posted several replies to threads and
have been told they have been sent, yet they never appear on the
board.

I've had this happen!

Why?

No idea, they have arrived in the newsgroup, but I didn't get to see them.

Alan

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 13-03-2007, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message .com, Dave
Hill writes
Is it just me?
Over the last few days I have posted several replies to threads and
have been told they have been sent, yet they never appear on the
board.
Why?

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

UseNet is not a perfectly reliable medium; posts get lost once in a
while. (It's happened to me on occasion, and on other occasions the post
has got out to the world, but not come back to me.) Posting via Google
Groups, judging by comments elsewhere, is not the most reliable of
methods. (Google tells you that they have been sent when they go into a
queue on Google's servers, and there's several opportunities for them to
be lost before they appear in my newsfeed.)

Advice sometimes given is to cut and paste your posts into a text file
(or compose them there in the first place) until you have confirmation
that the posts have gone through.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Old 13-03-2007, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Dave,

I was using Teranews and many were not delivered last week. All seems well
now.

--

Baal

I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

Old 16-03-2007, 02:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
(Stewart Robert Hinsley) wrote:

UseNet is not a perfectly reliable medium; posts get lost once in a
while.

It's also subject to delays. This is because posts wander from server to
server. For example, your post reached me via this "path"

news.itconsult.net!usenet.net.nz!newsfeeds.ihug.co .nz!ihug.co.nz!newsfee
d.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp!newsfeed.vmunix.org!peer-uk.news.demon.net!kibo.ne
ws.demon.net!news.demon.co.uk!demon!meden.demon.co .uk

So from one UK person to another, it went via New Zealand, Japan, and
Germany!

A useful bit of gardening software at http://www.netservs.com/garden/

Your posts :) Jasminka United Kingdom 1 10-03-2003 10:32 AM
Echo Posts in rec.gardens.roses Cass Roses 4 08-03-2003 02:32 AM
Regarding all of these OT posts steve l Gardening 4 18-02-2003 10:03 PM
Wooden 4x4 vs Vinyl or Plastic posts? dp Gardening 16 15-02-2003 06:51 AM