GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Warm winter = more moss (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/155189-warm-winter-%3D-more-moss.html)

Rob 13-03-2007 09:39 PM

Warm winter = more moss

As is to be expected there have been several questions about
controlling moss in urg during the last weeks - it is that time of the
year.
But in my grass (cannot call it a lawn) there is significantly more
moss this spring; thicker and in places where previously there was
none.
Can this be a side-effect of the warmer winter?
Have other urg'ers this same experience?

Chris S 14-03-2007 05:46 PM

Warm winter = more moss

"Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
As is to be expected there have been several questions about
controlling moss in urg during the last weeks - it is that time of the
year.
But in my grass (cannot call it a lawn) there is significantly more
moss this spring; thicker and in places where previously there was
none.
Can this be a side-effect of the warmer winter?
Have other urg'ers this same experience?

Hi Rob, I certainly have more moss this year, but would ascribe it to damp
rather than warmth - this winter has been damp and grey, and milder I grant
you.
Chris S

Alan Holmes[_2_] 20-03-2007 03:52 PM

Warm winter = more moss

"Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
As is to be expected there have been several questions about
controlling moss in urg during the last weeks - it is that time of the
year.
But in my grass (cannot call it a lawn) there is significantly more
moss this spring; thicker and in places where previously there was
none.
Can this be a side-effect of the warmer winter?
Have other urg'ers this same experience?

I've had a lot of moss in my 'lawn' for a long time, I don't worry about it,
as it doesn't need mowing and it is easy to walk on!

Alan