GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rose Cuttings - Any Chance Now (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/155257-rose-cuttings-any-chance-now.html)

TheScullster 15-03-2007 08:44 AM

Rose Cuttings - Any Chance Now

Hi all

OK so yesterday SWMBO decided to tidy up leaves.
She also "tidied up" a rose cutting (the only one of 5 that survived from a
plant I have been trying to propagate from a climber left to me by a now
long deceased relative).
Have been upto my armpits in bags of dead leaves etc this morning trying to
find signs of said cutting without success :(((.
So, is there a chance that cuttings made now will work?
Any advice/pointers before SWMBO is hung out to dry?

TIA

Phil

Robert \(Plymouth\) 15-03-2007 05:21 PM

Rose Cuttings - Any Chance Now

TheScullster wrote:
: Hi all
:
: OK so yesterday SWMBO decided to tidy up leaves.
: She also "tidied up" a rose cutting (the only one of 5 that survived
: from a plant I have been trying to propagate from a climber left to
: me by a now long deceased relative).
: Have been upto my armpits in bags of dead leaves etc this morning
: trying to find signs of said cutting without success :(((.
: So, is there a chance that cuttings made now will work?

There's only one sure way of finding out...give it a try

Robert \(Plymouth\) 15-03-2007 07:30 PM

Rose Cuttings - Any Chance Now

Robert (Plymouth) wrote:
: TheScullster wrote:
:: Hi all
::
:: OK so yesterday SWMBO decided to tidy up leaves.
:: She also "tidied up" a rose cutting (the only one of 5 that survived
:: from a plant I have been trying to propagate from a climber left to
:: me by a now long deceased relative).
:: Have been upto my armpits in bags of dead leaves etc this morning
:: trying to find signs of said cutting without success :(((.
:: So, is there a chance that cuttings made now will work?
:
: There's only one sure way of finding out...give it a try

On second thoughts, there'll only be new growth on it now, won't there so
perhaps it's not a good idea till later