Old 16-03-2007, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Pepino dulce

This is what David Hill was talking about. I'd never heard of it but was
sent the link by a contact in NZ.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 16-03-2007, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 Sacha wrote:
This is what David Hill was talking about. I'd never heard of it but was
sent the link by a contact in NZ.

Umm, you'll need to remove "info@" before it'll work!

Best wishes, David

--
David Rance
http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk

Old 16-03-2007, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:34:02 +0000, David Rance
wrote:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 Sacha wrote:
This is what David Hill was talking about. I'd never heard of it but was
sent the link by a contact in NZ.

Umm, you'll need to remove "info@" before it'll work!

Best wishes, David

This bit struck me..........
Small vigorous bush that flowers during spring and summer and fruits
heavily from December until the first frost.
In NZ maybe but not inmy garden!!

Pam in Bristol
Old 16-03-2007, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 16 Mar, 16:52, Sacha wrote:
On 16/3/07 15:01, in article ,

wrote:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 Sacha wrote:
This is what David Hill was talking about. I'd never heard of it but was
sent the link by a contact in NZ.

Umm, you'll need to remove "info@" before it'll work!

Best wishes, David

This bit struck me..........
Small vigorous bush that flowers during spring and summer and fruits
heavily from December until the first frost.
In NZ maybe but not in my garden!!

Pam in Bristol

Yes but that's why I said I got it from an NZ contact!! I could imagine
someone indignantly telling me theirs didn't fruit in Bristol in December.
;-)

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devonhttp://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/
(remove weeds from address)

Thanks for the contact Sacha, I will email them over the weekend.
The American site I ordered the Pepino seed from is
http://www.banana-tree.com/.
Pam.
I still have one small fruit on a plant in a cold house.
I will be cutting back this weekend.

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 17-03-2007, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 16 Mar, 21:46, "Dave Hill" wrote:
On 16 Mar, 16:52, Sacha wrote:

On 16/3/07 15:01, in article ,

wrote:

[...]

Well the seeds have arrived from the US of A.
PEPINO / Solanum muricatum x 100
ACTINIDIA melandra , packet
DIOSPYROS lotus "Date Plum" , packet
SOLANUM quitoense "Naranjilla" , packet
UGNI molinae "Chilean Cranberry Shrub" x 100
DIOSPYROS kaki "Japanese Persimmon" , packet
DIOSPYROS virginiana "Persimmon" , packet

Should be interesting

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 18-03-2007, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17/3/07 15:08, in article
, "Dave Hill"
wrote:

snip
Thanks for the contact Sacha, I will email them over the weekend.
The American site I ordered the Pepino seed from
ishttp://www.banana-tree.com/.
Pam.
I still have one small fruit on a plant in a cold house.
I will be cutting back this weekend.

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Well the seeds have arrived from the US of A.
PEPINO / Solanum muricatum x 100
ACTINIDIA melandra , packet
DIOSPYROS lotus "Date Plum" , packet
SOLANUM quitoense "Naranjilla" , packet
UGNI molinae "Chilean Cranberry Shrub" x 100
DIOSPYROS kaki "Japanese Persimmon" , packet
DIOSPYROS virginiana "Persimmon" , packet

Should be interesting

It sounds it - perhaps you can put up some pics somewhere when they flower.
I bought Ray a Citrus medica "Buddha's Hand" which arrived on Friday and he
had to open his birthday present early. He's delighted with it but
unfortunately they had to cut the fruits off for transportation. However,
they included them with the plant and Ray has tied one onto the tree to show
what it should look like! The other lay on the table in the big double and
all day yesterday, people were asking what it is. The lemon scent is
absolutely fantastic, never known anything so strong and apparently people
hang the fruits up in their houses to perfume them. I'm not a bit
surprised. What with the Meyer's lemon, the Citrus medica and now Buddha's
hand this is turning into a citrus farm. ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/
(remove weeds from address)

Aji dulce 2 chillis John Dickson Australia 4 16-11-2007 02:27 AM
growing aji dulce nina Edible Gardening 0 18-04-2005 05:12 AM
growing aji dulce nina Gardening 0 18-04-2005 05:10 AM
Pepino Melons MrsFrog Edible Gardening 0 09-01-2004 10:22 PM
Pepino Dulce Victoria Clare United Kingdom 18 01-11-2003 07:42 AM