Old 16-03-2007, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How lovely it all is!

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 16 Mar, 15:38, "Space" wrote:
are you connected to a wireless pc/laptop?

Yeah. Are you going to tell me how to keep warm?

yep - if you are outdoors take the wireless kit indoors. if you are indoors
turn up the heater / change the jacket! easy peasy lemon squeezy

Old 16-03-2007, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

June Hughes wrote:
Spring is just about to arrive.! I saw a water vole down by the brook
where I walk out dog this morning. (Before someone says it may have
been a rat, it was not, although I believe water voles are distantly
related to rats but have chubby little faces and shorter tails). It
dashed off up the bank when it saw me then re-appeared briefly before
scurrying away to hide. We knew they were back a couple of years ago
but it's the first time I have seen one. Then to my delight, there
was a woodpecker not ten yards away on the grass. It was only a
common woodpecker but all the same, it is exciting to see one so
close. Perhaps you think this is very childish but it has brought me
great pleasure this morning. Makes you forget all you troubles for a
while.

My house backs onto a school playing field.........but I'm in the middle of
a housing estate. For the last 3 years, a pair of woodpeckers have strutted
around in the field, just a few yards from my window. pic here taken last
year......
http://www.blackberrymoon.co.uk/woodpecker/woodpecker

Beautiful bird
--
ßôyþëtë

Old 16-03-2007, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , BoyPete
writes
June Hughes wrote:
[...]

Aren't they? And the way they fly in that fluttery, fussy, short-lived
sort of way is a delight.
--
June Hughes
Old 17-03-2007, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Thanks Manc - you have sent the weather to us.

Blinkin chilly down here today - so the shorts, tee shirt etc. go into the
wash!!!

Regards,

Keith

Old 17-03-2007, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message
Thanks Manc - you have sent the weather to us.

Blinkin chilly down here today - so the shorts, tee shirt etc. go into the
wash!!!

Regards,

Keith

Same here, miserable, dark, cold and damp. We have had a good run mind, and
I have finished clearing out the front corner of the garden.

Mike
www.farend.org.uk

Old 17-03-2007, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17 Mar, 09:32, "Keith \(Dorset\)"
wrote:
Thanks Manc - you have sent the weather to us.
Blinkin chilly down here today - so the shorts, tee shirt etc. go into the
wash!!!

tee hee hee The sun is really trying to poke through, as if someone
up there is switching it on and off. My boy's 12 today and the weather
is the last of his worries. Happy St Patrick's day folks. Cheers ;o)

Old 17-03-2007, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 17 Mar, 09:32, "Keith \(Dorset\)"
wrote:
Thanks Manc - you have sent the weather to us.
Blinkin chilly down here today - so the shorts, tee shirt etc. go into
the
wash!!!

tee hee hee The sun is really trying to poke through, as if someone
up there is switching it on and off. My boy's 12 today and the weather
is the last of his worries. Happy St Patrick's day folks. Cheers ;o)

Wish him Happy Birthday please. Our Grandson is 12 on the 25th but we will
be away in the sunshine.

Mike

--
.................................................. ..............
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 17-03-2007, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
On 17/3/07 09:37, in article
, "Muddymike"
wrote:

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message
Thanks Manc - you have sent the weather to us.

Blinkin chilly down here today - so the shorts, tee shirt etc. go into the
wash!!!

Regards,

Keith

Same here, miserable, dark, cold and damp. We have had a good run mind, and
I have finished clearing out the front corner of the garden.

It's threatening and cloudy here but with glimmers of sun and an energetic
north west wind, and that is COLD!

Slightly dull here in London (was lovely at 7am) but not at all cold. I
don't notice the cold so much so others may differ.
--
June Hughes
Old 18-03-2007, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17 Mar, 11:08, "'Mike'" wrote:
Wish him Happy Birthday please. Our Grandson is 12 on the 25th but we will
be away in the sunshine.

I did and thank you Mike! Wonderful day we've all had. Today we're
seeing again all the weathers imaginable. Just hailed really bad and
now we've got glorious sunshine. We talked about the Isle of White
last night - about 10 years ago we hired a lovely cottage in
Bonchurch, right by the beach and we're thinking of doing this again.
We remembered trying to keep the children awake under a blanket in the
garden in complete silence, waiting to see the badgers coming for the
food we'd left. When they did arrive, the kids were fast
asleep ... ))

We'll have to pay you a visit - that island holds many great memories
to us!

Old 18-03-2007, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 17 Mar, 11:08, "'Mike'" wrote:
Wish him Happy Birthday please. Our Grandson is 12 on the 25th but we
will
be away in the sunshine.

I did and thank you Mike! Wonderful day we've all had. Today we're
seeing again all the weathers imaginable. Just hailed really bad and
now we've got glorious sunshine. We talked about the Isle of White
last night - about 10 years ago we hired a lovely cottage in
Bonchurch, right by the beach and we're thinking of doing this again.
We remembered trying to keep the children awake under a blanket in the
garden in complete silence, waiting to see the badgers coming for the
food we'd left. When they did arrive, the kids were fast
asleep ... ))

We'll have to pay you a visit - that island holds many great memories
to us!

Certainly a magical place :-))

I left the Island to join the 'Rat Race' on the mainland :-(( in the very
late 1950's. Dropped 5 ranks in the Civil Service in 1972 to return
:-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Two of my children have never left the Island, two have left and are trying
to get back :-)

That cottage on Bonchurch shoreline are magical. I did know someone who
owned one, but that was a long time ago.

Let's know when you are coming. Look forward to seeing you.

Mike

--
.................................................. ..............
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 18-03-2007, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 17 Mar, 09:32, "Keith \(Dorset\)"
wrote:
Thanks Manc - you have sent the weather to us.
Blinkin chilly down here today - so the shorts, tee shirt etc. go into
the
wash!!!

--

........Lovely here in sunny Lincolnshire...Have just found 7 lots of
frogspawn ....It's official !!!!!! Spring is here............I hope..

Pam

Lovely Veronica Sacha[_3_] United Kingdom 3 30-03-2009 01:32 AM
Lovely, Fragrant, Stingy Shiva Roses 0 15-05-2004 08:13 PM
Lovely day Charlie Pridham United Kingdom 0 13-05-2004 12:20 AM
Coming up bloomin' lovely Mike United Kingdom 0 13-04-2003 05:08 PM
For Auction, lovely book Well Planned Garden Geoff Phillips United Kingdom 0 11-12-2002 01:33 PM