Old 18-03-2007, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default MORE weather!

It's sleeting!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 18-03-2007, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

sunny spells with the odd dark cloud. some strong winds.
Very cold - well certainly compared to what it was yesterday
Alan
North of Portsmouth

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
It's sleeting!

Old 18-03-2007, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan McKenzie" wrote in message
sunny spells with the odd dark cloud. some strong winds.
Very cold - well certainly compared to what it was yesterday
Alan
North of Portsmouth

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
It's sleeting!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/
(remove weeds from address)

same here.........

west of Portsmouth.

Old 18-03-2007, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes
It's sleeting!

It's breezy and very sunny here in Bucks
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 18-03-2007, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Lez Pawl" wrote in message

"Alan McKenzie" wrote in message
Very cold - well certainly compared to what it was yesterday
Alan
North of Portsmouth
"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
It's sleeting!

same here.........

west of Portsmouth.

Blizzard here, no sorry bright sunshine, no wrong again back to blizzard.

Mike
www.farend.org

Old 18-03-2007, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote:
It's sleeting!
--

Same here in Peterborough, with a mixture of sun and a high winds too! I'm
worried about the survival of my precious Cretan arums which are just

MikeCT

Old 18-03-2007, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Sacha
writes
It's sleeting!

It's breezy and very sunny here in Bucks

Here in North Staffordshire we were woken by sun streaming through the
South East bedroom window, with not a cloud in the sky. When I came out
of the bathroom it was as dark as hades and snowing a storm. Then the
sun came back, that's been happening all day, very cold wind though.
What my Father called "a lazy wind", too lazy to go wound you, just goes
straight through!
Old 18-03-2007, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 18 Mar, 13:28, Broadback wrote:
Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Sacha
writes
It's sleeting!

It's breezy and very sunny here in Bucks

Here in North Staffordshire we were woken by sun streaming through the
South East bedroom window, with not a cloud in the sky. When I came out
of the bathroom it was as dark as hades and snowing a storm. Then the
sun came back, that's been happening all day, very cold wind though.
What my Father called "a lazy wind", too lazy to go wound you, just goes
straight through!

Here in South Wales it was lovely all morning, but I had to go over to
Llanelli and it got darker and darker, then on the way back , sleet,
and when we arrived home a brief flurry of snow, now 20 mins. later
bright sunshine and blue sky.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 18-03-2007, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18/3/07 13:24, in article ,
"MikeCT" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote:
It's sleeting!
--

Same here in Peterborough, with a mixture of sun and a high winds too! I'm
worried about the survival of my precious Cretan arums which are just
flowering.

Hope they survive, Mike. We had hail showers, too, now it's sunny and the
wind is strong. I think we've had just about every variety of weather
today, other than drought!

Old 18-03-2007, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"MikeCT" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote:
It's sleeting!
--

Same here in Peterborough, with a mixture of sun and a high winds too! I'm
worried about the survival of my precious Cretan arums which are just
flowering.

MikeCT

Arum creticum/ mine are not flowering yet (in pots) but they are tough
blighters and as long as the pot does not get water logged they seem to
survive anything that is thrown at them.

Old 18-03-2007, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Here in West Midlands, sleet ,snow, hail, warm sunny spells. Typical April
weather.
Still March isnt it?
41 years ago this march 28th, we had 2 to 3 inches of snow, I know cos thats
the day we got married.

regards
Cineman

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
It's sleeting!

Old 18-03-2007, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
It's sleeting!

Today in Windsor, it has been very, very cold and windy.

Had to make a journey round the M25 and the wind was blowing the car all
over the place.

Alan

Old 18-03-2007, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18/3/07 20:31, in article ,
"cineman" wrote:

Here in West Midlands, sleet ,snow, hail, warm sunny spells. Typical April
weather.
Still March isnt it?
41 years ago this march 28th, we had 2 to 3 inches of snow, I know cos thats
the day we got married.

Congratulations. Hope it was a happy day for you both, despite the weather!

Old 19-03-2007, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18/3/07 20:31, in article ,
"cineman" wrote:

Here in West Midlands, sleet ,snow, hail, warm sunny spells. Typical April
weather.
Still March isnt it?
41 years ago this march 28th, we had 2 to 3 inches of snow, I know cos thats
the day we got married.

Only 4 more until the Sapphire one! I think it's the land Anniversary
under modern lists. How nice, a bigger garden?
Old 19-03-2007, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Alan Holmes
writes

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
It's sleeting!

Today in Windsor, it has been very, very cold and windy.

Had to make a journey round the M25 and the wind was blowing the car all
over the place.

Alan

Last night son said it was blowing a veritable blizzard as he drove
home to Aylesbury about 6pm yet we never got the snow until about 9pm.

Sunny and cold at the moment but everywhere there's frost forecast which
is going to be a bit of a downer as most magnolias are at the moment in
flower.