Old 20-03-2007, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Si Si is offline

Default Petrol Self-Propelled Lawn Mower for Small/Medium Lawn

Hi all,

Looking for a reliable mower to do my garden and a few older members of the
families gardens too.

Was thinking of maybe getting a Honda Izy 41?

Any other suggestions for about the same price or maybe even less?

I want it to be self propelled, but not bothered about a roller.

Si

Old 20-03-2007, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 20, 1:12 pm, "Si" wrote:
Hi all,

Looking for a reliable mower to do my garden and a few older members of the
families gardens too.

Was thinking of maybe getting a Honda Izy 41?

Any other suggestions for about the same price or maybe even less?

I want it to be self propelled, but not bothered about a roller.

Si

I bought a honda (cylinder) mower off ebay and so far it's been fine.
In general the honda engines are easy to start and reliable and parts
are very easy to find. ...but I've no real experience of anything
else except for an old petrol hover which I remember never starting
very well.

Old 20-03-2007, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Si
writes
Hi all,

Looking for a reliable mower to do my garden and a few older members of the
families gardens too.

Was thinking of maybe getting a Honda Izy 41?

Any other suggestions for about the same price or maybe even less?

I want it to be self propelled, but not bothered about a roller.

I have had a self propelled Izy for 3 years. It is a reasonable buy,
particularly if you shop around the garden equipment dealers rather than
buy it from a B&Q type shed. The powder coated deck looks as though it
will last longer than a painted steel one but obviously it is not as
bomb proof as aluminium.

A couple of suggestions if you do get one - if you are going to leave it
unused for more than 4 weeks turn off the petrol and run until it stops
(helps to prevent the carb jets becoming blocked - it also helps to
squirt some carb cleaner spray into the air intake) and change the plug
every 2 years.
--
Robert