GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Daffodils (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/155634-daffodils.html)

Sacha 22-03-2007 11:02 AM

Daffodils

Is it my imagination, or do the daffodils seem to be hanging on for longer
this year? It seems to me that the ones in our garden and the thousands
along the hedgerows here are around for longer than usual - I'm happy to
say.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

'Mike' 22-03-2007 11:14 AM

Daffodils

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Is it my imagination, or do the daffodils seem to be hanging on for longer
this year? It seems to me that the ones in our garden and the thousands
along the hedgerows here are around for longer than usual - I'm happy to
say.
--
Sacha

Don't know about last year because we didn't come back to the UK from our
World Cruise until the end of March. However they were a riot of colour in
our garden then, but when they started I don't know. Sometime between
January 7th when we left for our World Cruise from Southampton to when we
returned 3 months later on March 29th.

Certainly out in the hedgerows of the Isle of Wight for a very long time now
this year.

Mike

--
.................................................. ..............
www.rneba.org.uk

webwise 22-03-2007 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacha (Post 699464)
Is it my imagination, or do the daffodils seem to be hanging on for longer
this year?

I think it's just that they started earlier with the mild winter. On the Yorkshire coast, last year, they opened 2nd and 3rd weeks in March. This year we have had them since mid Feb. Of course we are not as mild as Devon or IoW.

Bob Hobden 22-03-2007 04:49 PM

Daffodils

"Sacha" wrote
Is it my imagination, or do the daffodils seem to be hanging on for longer
this year? It seems to me that the ones in our garden and the thousands
along the hedgerows here are around for longer than usual - I'm happy to
say.

Yes, probably because it's turned colder again.

--
Regards
Bob H

Sacha 22-03-2007 06:14 PM

Daffodils

On 22/3/07 16:49, in article , "Bob
Hobden" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
Is it my imagination, or do the daffodils seem to be hanging on for longer
this year? It seems to me that the ones in our garden and the thousands
along the hedgerows here are around for longer than usual - I'm happy to
say.

Yes, probably because it's turned colder again.

Ah, Nature's cooler. ;-)