GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Big Dig programmes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/155924-big-dig-programmes.html)

Janet Tweedy 27-03-2007 11:53 AM

Big Dig programmes

Starting on UKTV gardens on 10th April is a new(?) series of the Big
Dig.

The last series was wonderful, well that's my opinion!
It showed two sites of allotments and followed them through a year. It
contrasted a Welsh hillside site with one I believe was surrounded by
housing in Richmond.

I enjoyed every minute of the series so hopefully this will be a new
series. Thought Simon Mayo a surprising choice of presenter but actually
he was a damn sight better than some of the allegedly professional
gardening broadcasters.

It looks as though it will be repeated through the day but it also looks
as if it will be shown on consecutive days rather than weekly.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Robert \(Plymouth\) 27-03-2007 05:52 PM

Big Dig programmes

:
: The last series was wonderful, well that's my opinion!
: It showed two sites of allotments and followed them through a year. It
: contrasted a Welsh hillside site with one I believe was surrounded by
: housing in Richmond.
:
: I enjoyed every minute of the series so hopefully this will be a new
: series. Thought Simon Mayo a surprising choice of presenter but
: actually he was a damn sight better than some of the allegedly
: professional gardening broadcasters.
:
:
: It looks as though it will be repeated through the day but it also
: looks as if it will be shown on consecutive days rather than weekly.
:
: Janet

Fantastic, we were only saying at the allotments today that it would be an
udeal time to show that again. We all thought it was excellent and could not
understand where BBC2's poor viewing figures for it, came from