GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Freesias (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/156192-freesias.html)

Donna \(UK\) 02-04-2007 07:31 AM

Freesias

Good Morning All

I brought some freesia bulbs and planted them back in september. With the
warm weather, one tried to grow but then the weather changed and none at all
grew. I still have the half green leaf that was there from before xmas but
no others have grown nor has the one growing blub attempted any other
leaves.

Will they grow or do you think that maybe I should start again?

Kind regards
Donna

Gregoire Kretz 04-04-2007 02:26 AM

Freesias

Donna (UK) wrote:

I brought some freesia bulbs and planted them back in september. With the
warm weather, one tried to grow but then the weather changed and none at all
grew. I still have the half green leaf that was there from before xmas but
no others have grown nor has the one growing blub attempted any other
leaves.

Will they grow or do you think that maybe I should start again?

I'm not an expert on freesias, but if other bulbs are to judge by you
should have no problem at all: my tulips/daffodils would regularly
sprout a little something way too early. Said little something would
then freeze/wither/not be happy at all, generally speaking, but next
springtime was flower season as usual.

Greg

--

Have you ever really considered how much your buildings actually weigh?

No ficus = no spam