GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   indoor hibiscus being munched (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/156418-indoor-hibiscus-being-munched.html)

torge conrad maguar 06-04-2007 08:47 AM

indoor hibiscus being munched

Who is the critter that is now busily munching into my indoor hibiscus?
This plant has been indoors for a year or so.

I've looked all around it and cannot see anything hiding. The plant is about
1.2 metres high and the leaves around the top are being eaten. thanks for
any advice.

Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) 06-04-2007 09:11 AM

"torge conrad maguar" wrote in message
Who is the critter that is now busily munching into my indoor hibiscus?
This plant has been indoors for a year or so.

I've looked all around it and cannot see anything hiding. The plant is
about 1.2 metres high and the leaves around the top are being eaten.
thanks for any advice.

It could be anything but if the outside of the leaves have jagged notched
holes then it could be vine weevil.
Nocturnal beetle (quite handsome) and the damage it does is usually cosmetic
but the grubs that it lays in the soil will eat the roots and kill the
plant. If you can have a look in the compost the grubs are very big fat
things.