GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Save water and compost (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/156507-save-water-compost.html)

Hippie Chick 08-04-2007 07:18 PM

Save water and compost

How can we take care of our gardens and use less water? This article I
found has information on organic matter and how beneficial it is to
the soil. Organic matter is like a sponge. It can be made up of
anything you have raked up. Vegetable peelings, anything that has
decomposed to the point of becoming crumbly and brown. It is not good
though to add undigested organic matter directly to the soil. It is
much better when it has been composted first. It is best to add
organic matter in the fall rather then the spring.

Click here for more info: http://www.hippiepower.com/be-waterwise-this-summer/

Peace and Love Hippie Chick

www.hippiepower.com