GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Jasmine bush (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/156542-jasmine-bush.html)

Renee 09-04-2007 01:32 PM

Jasmine bush

I was at my sister-in-law's garden yesterday and noticed that she had
what appeared to be a jasmine bush. The flowers were six-petalled,
white, and the scent was unmistakably jasminey. The scent is also
greater at night, apparently. I didn't realise that you could get
jasmine bushes. I've looked on the Internet but can't find a site
which has photographs of such bushes. Can anyone point me in the right
direction?

Many thanks in advance.

Nick Maclaren 09-04-2007 01:46 PM

Jasmine bush

In article .com,
"Renee" writes:
| I was at my sister-in-law's garden yesterday and noticed that she had
| what appeared to be a jasmine bush. The flowers were six-petalled,
| white, and the scent was unmistakably jasminey. The scent is also
| greater at night, apparently. I didn't realise that you could get
| jasmine bushes. I've looked on the Internet but can't find a site
| which has photographs of such bushes. Can anyone point me in the right
| direction?

Just prune Jasminum officinale as a bush, and it will grow as a
bush. Seriously.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Charlie Pridham 09-04-2007 06:19 PM

Jasmine bush

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article .com,
"Renee" writes:
| I was at my sister-in-law's garden yesterday and noticed that she had
| what appeared to be a jasmine bush. The flowers were six-petalled,
| white, and the scent was unmistakably jasminey. The scent is also
| greater at night, apparently. I didn't realise that you could get
| jasmine bushes. I've looked on the Internet but can't find a site
| which has photographs of such bushes. Can anyone point me in the right
| direction?

Just prune Jasminum officinale as a bush, and it will grow as a
bush. Seriously.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

This is very true! however at this time of year it was much more likely to
be Ozmanthus delavayi or O. burkwoodii (leaves leathery and evergreen) There
are lots of truly shrubby jasmines but most have yellow flowers in my
experience.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

zaax 11-04-2007 11:51 PM

Jasmine bush

Renee wrote:

I was at my sister-in-law's garden yesterday and noticed that she had
what appeared to be a jasmine bush. The flowers were six-petalled,
white, and the scent was unmistakably jasminey. The scent is also
greater at night, apparently. I didn't realise that you could get
jasmine bushes. I've looked on the Internet but can't find a site
which has photographs of such bushes. Can anyone point me in the right
direction?

Many thanks in advance.

How about taking a cutting?

--