Old 09-04-2007, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bay Tree loosing its leaves and going yellow ???

My bay tree (Ok its only 20cm tall) but its loosing its lower leaves
and the main top leaves are going yellow ???

What do I do.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
luke58 writes:
| My bay tree (Ok its only 20cm tall) but its loosing its lower leaves
| and the main top leaves are going yellow ???
|
| What do I do.

Did you keep it too wet?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke58 View Post
My bay tree (Ok its only 20cm tall) but its loosing its lower leaves
and the main top leaves are going yellow ???

What do I do.

Feed it with a liquid feed then much it, worked for mine
Old 09-04-2007, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 9/4/07 19:57, in article ,
"luke58" wrote:

My bay tree (Ok its only 20cm tall) but its loosing its lower leaves
and the main top leaves are going yellow ???

What do I do.

Stop watering it. Let its compost dry out and water it only when it's bone
dry and can drain completely, then let it dry out etc.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 09-04-2007, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 9 Apr 2007 19:41:15 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

In article ,
luke58 writes:
| My bay tree (Ok its only 20cm tall) but its loosing its lower leaves
| and the main top leaves are going yellow ???
|
| What do I do.

Did you keep it too wet?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Or if in a pot, has it dried out? I've had to water all my pots
thoroughly. Camellias losing leaves and buds; need TLC!

Pam in Bristol

Old 09-04-2007, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Pam Moore writes:
| In article ,
| luke58 writes:
|
| | My bay tree (Ok its only 20cm tall) but its loosing its lower leaves
| | and the main top leaves are going yellow ???
| |
| | What do I do.
|
| Did you keep it too wet?
|
| Or if in a pot, has it dried out? I've had to water all my pots
| thoroughly. Camellias losing leaves and buds; need TLC!

Bay leaves are unlikely to go yellow if it is underwatered. They
go dull and drop off.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

So would you go along with using a loam based potting compost as
opposed to the 'peat' based composts, for potting bay trees up.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
luke58 writes:

| So would you go along with using a loam based potting compost as
| opposed to the 'peat' based composts, for potting bay trees up.

Yes.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.