GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Daffs *still* flowering (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/156730-daffs-%2Astill%2A-flowering.html)

Sacha 12-04-2007 06:40 PM

Daffs *still* flowering

This is both lovely and amazing! Daffodils are still flowering in the lanes
here, though some of them are dying back and the white pheasant eye ones are
in full fig. Violets, primroses and bluebells are all vying for attention
and the hedgerows look good enough to eat!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Jeanne Stockdale 12-04-2007 07:14 PM

Daffs *still* flowering

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
This is both lovely and amazing! Daffodils are still flowering in the
lanes
here, though some of them are dying back and the white pheasant eye ones
are
in full fig. Violets, primroses and bluebells are all vying for attention
and the hedgerows look good enough to eat!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/
(remove weeds from address)

I think the difference this year is that the Daffs have flowered more
gradually instead of all at once. We have some dying back, some in full
bloom and even some buds yet to come out

Jeanne

Sacha 12-04-2007 07:30 PM

Daffs *still* flowering

On 12/4/07 19:14, in article ,
"Jeanne Stockdale" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
This is both lovely and amazing! Daffodils are still flowering in the
lanes
here, though some of them are dying back and the white pheasant eye ones
are
in full fig. Violets, primroses and bluebells are all vying for attention
and the hedgerows look good enough to eat!

I think the difference this year is that the Daffs have flowered more
gradually instead of all at once. We have some dying back, some in full
bloom and even some buds yet to come out

Pretty much as we found here, Jeanne, even allowing for varietal
differences.

Muddymike 12-04-2007 07:30 PM

Daffs *still* flowering

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
This is both lovely and amazing! Daffodils are still flowering in the
lanes
here, though some of them are dying back and the white pheasant eye ones
are
in full fig. Violets, primroses and bluebells are all vying for attention
and the hedgerows look good enough to eat!
--

Very few of our Daffodils have started dying back yet, most are at their
peak with a few only flowering this week.

Mike
www.farend.org.uk

K 12-04-2007 08:56 PM

Daffs *still* flowering

Jeanne Stockdale writes

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
This is both lovely and amazing! Daffodils are still flowering in the
lanes
here, though some of them are dying back and the white pheasant eye ones
are
in full fig. Violets, primroses and bluebells are all vying for attention
and the hedgerows look good enough to eat!
--

I think the difference this year is that the Daffs have flowered more
gradually instead of all at once. We have some dying back, some in full
bloom and even some buds yet to come out

Taken as a whole, they have a very long flowering season, with some
varieties starting in Feb and others not flowering till April/May. So
anyone who grows a variety can easily have flowers at all stages at
once.
--
Kay

Keith Kent 12-04-2007 09:19 PM

Daffs *still* flowering

"Muddymike" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
This is both lovely and amazing! Daffodils are still flowering in the
lanes
here, though some of them are dying back and the white pheasant eye ones
are
in full fig. Violets, primroses and bluebells are all vying for
attention
and the hedgerows look good enough to eat!
--

Very few of our Daffodils have started dying back yet, most are at their
peak with a few only flowering this week.

Mike
www.farend.org.uk

The weather has also been good so they havent been battered by wind/rain .

keith