GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tulip heads (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/156799-tulip-heads.html)

Grumps 13-04-2007 08:56 PM

Tulip heads

My mum has just told me that many/most of her tulip heads (before opening)
have disappeared! One or two lay on the path, but most have just vanished.
Do animals or birds eat them?
This is the first time she's planted them.
Thanks.

Malcolm Stewart 13-04-2007 11:16 PM

Tulip heads

"Grumps" wrote in message
My mum has just told me that many/most of her tulip heads (before opening)
have disappeared! One or two lay on the path, but most have just vanished.
Do animals or birds eat them?
This is the first time she's planted them.
Thanks.

Does she live in a place trying for smartest village? Daffodil heads were
chopped off a few weeks ago in a village competing for one of these
accolades.

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

Grumps 14-04-2007 08:33 AM

Tulip heads

"Malcolm Stewart" wrote in
message .. .
"Grumps" wrote in message
My mum has just told me that many/most of her tulip heads (before
opening) have disappeared! One or two lay on the path, but most have just
vanished.
Do animals or birds eat them?
This is the first time she's planted them.
Thanks.

Does she live in a place trying for smartest village? Daffodil heads were
chopped off a few weeks ago in a village competing for one of these
accolades.

No. She's at the end of a road with virtually no passers-by, only the
postman.
I initially suspected kids, but she says that's not likely.