GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clematis 'Pixie' - will it survive? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/156909-clematis-pixie-will-survive.html)

Basia Kulesz 16-04-2007 07:21 AM

Clematis 'Pixie' - will it survive?

Friend of mine is currently visiting UK and, as she is an avid gardener, she
just got crazy about this clematis and wants to bring it back to Poland with
her and plant he). The question is whether this plant is sufficiently
frost-hardy? We are zone 6 mostly, with winter temperatures as low as -20
to -25 degC. Of course it can and probably would be well covered for winter.
Any pointers?

Regards, Barbara.

Charlie Pridham 16-04-2007 01:25 PM

"Basia Kulesz" wrote in message
Friend of mine is currently visiting UK and, as she is an avid gardener,

she
just got crazy about this clematis and wants to bring it back to Poland

with
her and plant he). The question is whether this plant is sufficiently
frost-hardy? We are zone 6 mostly, with winter temperatures as low as -20
to -25 degC. Of course it can and probably would be well covered for

winter.
Any pointers?

Regards, Barbara.

In Poland it will be a greenhouse only type plant.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk