GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How to paint on grass?? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/157077-how-paint-grass.html)

Stephen McNally 19-04-2007 11:16 AM

How to paint on grass??

Hi folks
A local political party has asked if I could help organise the painting
of their logo on a field owned by one of their members. We looked into
sports field paint, but it would cost too much. Does anyone have an idea
how to paint a logo on the grass (or just change the it's colour)?
Obviously we wouldn't want to kill the grass and wouldn't want to get
into bother with the environmental agencies. The logo would only have to
last until the 3rd May (election day).
cheers
stephen

--
http://www.pigtownfling.co.uk
email will bounce - try 'mail' instead

George.com 19-04-2007 11:28 AM

How to paint on grass??

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 19/4/07 11:16, in article ,
"Stephen McNally" wrote:

Hi folks
A local political party has asked if I could help organise the painting
of their logo on a field owned by one of their members. We looked into
sports field paint, but it would cost too much. Does anyone have an idea
how to paint a logo on the grass (or just change the it's colour)?
Obviously we wouldn't want to kill the grass and wouldn't want to get
into bother with the environmental agencies. The logo would only have to
last until the 3rd May (election day).
cheers
stephen

Whitewash?

applied using a large fence brush from a paint pail.

rob

Sacha 19-04-2007 11:29 AM

How to paint on grass??

On 19/4/07 11:16, in article ,
"Stephen McNally" wrote:

Hi folks
A local political party has asked if I could help organise the painting
of their logo on a field owned by one of their members. We looked into
sports field paint, but it would cost too much. Does anyone have an idea
how to paint a logo on the grass (or just change the it's colour)?
Obviously we wouldn't want to kill the grass and wouldn't want to get
into bother with the environmental agencies. The logo would only have to
last until the 3rd May (election day).
cheers
stephen

Whitewash? Then hose it down. Or powdered chalk if it's not windy!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Sally Thompson 19-04-2007 01:30 PM

How to paint on grass??

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:29:19 +0100, Sacha wrote
(in article ) :

On 19/4/07 11:16, in article ,
"Stephen McNally" wrote:

Hi folks
A local political party has asked if I could help organise the painting
of their logo on a field owned by one of their members. We looked into
sports field paint, but it would cost too much. Does anyone have an idea
how to paint a logo on the grass (or just change the it's colour)?
Obviously we wouldn't want to kill the grass and wouldn't want to get
into bother with the environmental agencies. The logo would only have to
last until the 3rd May (election day).
cheers
stephen

Whitewash?

Very appropriate for a political party :-)

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
bed and breakfast near Ludlow:

[email protected] 19-04-2007 01:35 PM

How to paint on grass??

On Apr 19, 11:16 am, Stephen McNally
wrote:
Hi folks
A local political party has asked if I could help organise the painting
of their logo on a field owned by one of their members. We looked into
sports field paint, but it would cost too much. Does anyone have an idea
how to paint a logo on the grass (or just change the it's colour)?
Obviously we wouldn't want to kill the grass and wouldn't want to get
into bother with the environmental agencies. The logo would only have to
last until the 3rd May (election day).
cheers
stephen

--http://www.pigtownfling.co.uk
email will bounce - try 'mail' instead

You can buy marking sprays from builders' merchants. They use them in
outlining the foundations for new buildings.

Sacha 19-04-2007 02:02 PM

How to paint on grass??

On 19/4/07 13:30, in article
, "Sally Thompson"

,
"Stephen McNally" wrote:

Hi folks
A local political party has asked if I could help organise the painting
of their logo on a field owned by one of their members. We looked into
sports field paint, but it would cost too much. Does anyone have an idea
how to paint a logo on the grass (or just change the it's colour)?
Obviously we wouldn't want to kill the grass and wouldn't want to get
into bother with the environmental agencies. The logo would only have to
last until the 3rd May (election day).
cheers
stephen

Whitewash?

Very appropriate for a political party :-)

Yes but you have to spin it first. ;-)

La Puce 19-04-2007 05:56 PM

How to paint on grass??

On 19 Apr, 11:16, Stephen McNally wrote:
Hi folks
A local political party has asked if I could help organise the painting
of their logo on a field owned by one of their members. We looked into
sports field paint, but it would cost too much. Does anyone have an idea
how to paint a logo on the grass (or just change the it's colour)?
Obviously we wouldn't want to kill the grass and wouldn't want to get
into bother with the environmental agencies. The logo would only have to
last until the 3rd May (election day).
cheers
stephen

I thought only machine and huge spray was available but you can find
spray, like graffiti artists use. Wicked ;o)

http://www.fleetlinemarkers.co.uk/stencil/index.htm

An Oasis 20-04-2007 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen McNally (Post 706146)
Hi folks
A local political party has asked if I could help organise the painting
of their logo on a field owned by one of their members. We looked into
sports field paint, but it would cost too much. Does anyone have an idea
how to paint a logo on the grass (or just change the it's colour)?
Obviously we wouldn't want to kill the grass and wouldn't want to get
into bother with the environmental agencies. The logo would only have to
last until the 3rd May (election day).
cheers
stephen

--
http://www.pigtownfling.co.uk
email will bounce - try 'mail' instead

You could be more green! Try using a differential mowing technique, think crops circles but on a smaller scale.

Mike Lyle 20-04-2007 04:42 PM

How to paint on grass??

Sacha wrote:
On 19/4/07 13:30, in article
, "Sally Thompson"

wrote:

Hi folks
A local political party has asked if I could help organise the
painting of their logo on a field owned by one of their members.
We looked into sports field paint, but it would cost too much.
Does anyone have an idea how to paint a logo on the grass (or just
change the it's colour)? Obviously we wouldn't want to kill the
grass and wouldn't want to get into bother with the environmental
agencies. The logo would only have to last until the 3rd May
(election day).
cheers
stephen

Whitewash?

Very appropriate for a political party :-)

Yes but you have to spin it first. ;-)

And then, what a tangled web they weave! But, to be even more serious,
I'm not at all sure this doesn't come under the heading of vandalism.
There are far too many illegal advertisements disfiguring roadsides
already (with neither Highways Agency, Local Authorities, CPRE or RoSPA
taking any notice), so I don't _think_ I'm being a spoilsport in saying
"If you want my vote, don't".

--
Mike.