Old 22-04-2007, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Whats the best thing to keep cats out.......... ?

Will Wilkinson wrote:
In message , Broadback
writes
Peter James wrote:
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:49:33 +0100, Will Wilkinson wrote
(in article ):

Snip
I can endorse the comments made here on the Ca****ch scarers. I
have two. Ine that covers the back garden and we've been cat free
for five years. And one for the front lawn. Our little estate is
open plan, and the moggies took to using our lawn as a cat toilet.
I bought a second Ca****ch scarer and we've been cat free for the
past 4 months on the front lawn. As a previous poster said, move
them around a bit, and if you can buy a transformer rather than
relying on batteries which are quite expensive. I have no
connection with the firm that makes them, other than as a very
satisfied user.

I'm sad to say that having purchase and electronic one for my Daughter
it does not work. the cats stroll past give it a look of disdain then
carry on their way. Maybe the cats in Manchester are different, or
perhaps they are all old, and like me their hearing of high frequency
is cream crackered!

I have heard this several times from people who've bought brands other
than Ca****ch, but never from a Ca****ch user, that's why we spent the
extra when we bought ours - what brand was it?

Will

Ca****ch
Old 22-04-2007, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote in message
Will Wilkinson wrote:
In message , Broadback
writes
Peter James wrote:
[...]

Sonic Cat repeller "Bye Bye Pussy Cat" (honest) £29.99 from
www.coopersofstortfod.co.uk. Tall and upright. Works but easily
blown/knocked over.

Unable to find any name on the other one but it is more dumpy and easier to
use and relocate. But it works and both keep the vermin out :-))))))))))))))

Mike

--
.................................................. ..............
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 22-04-2007, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

Unable to find any name on the other one but it is more dumpy and easier
to use and relocate. But it works and both keep the vermin out
:-))))))))))))))

Mike

:-)))

Found the instructions

Cat and Dog Repeller STV661

www.stvpestcontrol.com
01953 881580

This is the better of the two.

Mike

--
.................................................. ..............
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 22-04-2007, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
"Broadback" wrote in message
Will Wilkinson wrote:
In message , Broadback
writes
Peter James wrote:
[...]

Alternatively, buy a Ford!
http://www.swingadeadcat.com/video/ford1.htm

Graham

Old 22-04-2007, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"graham" wrote in message

Alternatively, buy a Ford!
http://www.swingadeadcat.com/video/ford1.htm

Graham

Very good. :-)

If they released that ad in th UK though they'd probably set a record for
complaints.

Stephen

Old 22-04-2007, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Amethyst Deceiver" wrote in message
Draven wrote:
"woodglass" wrote in message
. uk...
Whats the best thing to keep cats out of my parents garden ?.

New neighbours have moved in next door to my parents.

They have 7 cats that crap all over the garden.

We don't want to harm the cats, just keep them out of the garden.

woodglass...

Believe it or not the answer is to get a cat yourself.

My cat uses a litter tray and keeps all other cats out of her
territory. I have not seen her back down to any cat including stray
toms.

Can I swap cats, please? My cat can't even keep other cats from coming in
our cat-flap, let alone coming in the garden!

--
Linz
Wet Yorks

My last cat was like that.
I got an electromagnetic cat flap to help him out.
He was such a gentle cat though and I loved him to bits.