GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Curry leaf in Britain (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/157157-curry-leaf-britain.html)

Mike Lyle 20-04-2007 08:54 PM

Curry leaf in Britain

I've just heard, in another group, from an occasional visitor to u.r.g.
that friends of hers have a curry leaf tree flourishing in Ventnor. I do
mean "curry leaf", _Murraya koenigii_, not the so-called "curry plant",
_Helichrysum angustifolium_. She reports that the smell is gorgeous.

The subject arose in an (off-topic) discussion of herbs when I mentioned
that I thought it was too tropical to grow here. As usual, I spoke too
soon; but I doubt if it would do in less favoured spots.

Interesting info and pics at:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2csvr8
aka:
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...859-1%26sa%3DG

--
Mike.

Amethyst Deceiver 23-04-2007 09:24 AM

Curry leaf in Britain

Mike Lyle wrote:
I've just heard, in another group, from an occasional visitor to
u.r.g. that friends of hers have a curry leaf tree flourishing in
Ventnor. I do mean "curry leaf", _Murraya koenigii_, not the
so-called "curry plant", _Helichrysum angustifolium_. She reports
that the smell is gorgeous.

*coff*

I didn't actually say it was my friend's, but that it was growing near her
house.

The smell, though, is definitely gorgeous.

--
Linz
Wet Yorks

'Mike' 23-04-2007 09:32 AM

Curry leaf in Britain

"Amethyst Deceiver" wrote in message
Mike Lyle wrote:
I've just heard, in another group, from an occasional visitor to
u.r.g. that friends of hers have a curry leaf tree flourishing in
Ventnor. I do mean "curry leaf", _Murraya koenigii_, not the
so-called "curry plant", _Helichrysum angustifolium_. She reports
that the smell is gorgeous.

*coff*

I didn't actually say it was my friend's, but that it was growing near her
house.

The smell, though, is definitely gorgeous.

Somewhere near the Botanical Gardens??

Mike
On the Isle of Wight about 5 miles from said Gardens :-))

--
.................................................. ..............
www.rneba.org.uk

sam[_2_] 23-04-2007 09:27 PM

Curry leaf in Britain

Mike Lyle wrote:
I've just heard, in another group, from an occasional visitor to u.r.g.
that friends of hers have a curry leaf tree flourishing in Ventnor. I do
mean "curry leaf", _Murraya koenigii_, not the so-called "curry plant",
_Helichrysum angustifolium_. She reports that the smell is gorgeous.

Been there - had a whiff.
Couldn't smell anything else after that.