GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Germinating corn and beans (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/157318-germinating-corn-beans.html)

Pam Moore 23-04-2007 02:26 PM

Germinating corn and beans

Some have mentioned poor germinaation of corn and beans.
I've only grown corn a few times but decided to try again this year.
I sowed a tray of 12 cells with 2 seeds in each cell. All but 2 seeds
have germinated.
I've often had trouble with sowing beans in pots at home, but came to
the conclusion that they rotted if they were too wet, so now I keep
them fairly dry after the initial watering.

Pam in Bristol

Alan Holmes[_2_] 24-04-2007 03:02 PM

Germinating corn and beans

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Some have mentioned poor germinaation of corn and beans.
I've only grown corn a few times but decided to try again this year.
I sowed a tray of 12 cells with 2 seeds in each cell. All but 2 seeds
have germinated.
I've often had trouble with sowing beans in pots at home, but came to
the conclusion that they rotted if they were too wet, so now I keep
them fairly dry after the initial watering.

I plant beans in the cardboard tubes from the centre of toilet rolls, fill
them with compost, push the beans in and keep them well watered.

Always works for me.

Alan