GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   A hollow full of rain (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/157342-hollow-full-rain.html)

Amethyst Deceiver 24-04-2007 09:41 AM

A hollow full of rain

Well, the rain's lovely, and the vegetables are definitely growing now. And
so, it would appear, are the slugsnsnails.

I went out as soon as I got home from work yesterday and picked a dozen or
so off the raised beds. I went out at 7 this morning and picked another
dozen or so. I expect to get the same tonight and the rest of the week. I'm
off on holiday on Friday so it'll be interesting to see how much of my veg
is still extant when I return...

--
Linz
Wet Yorks

Baal 24-04-2007 05:18 PM

A hollow full of rain

Other than picking what is your method of reducing these beasties?

I try to avoid sprays etc where possible but..........

--

Baal

I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

La Puce 24-04-2007 08:49 PM

A hollow full of rain

On 24 Apr, 09:41, "Amethyst Deceiver"
wrote:
Well, the rain's lovely, and the vegetables are definitely growing now. And
so, it would appear, are the slugsnsnails.
I went out as soon as I got home from work yesterday and picked a dozen or
so off the raised beds. I went out at 7 this morning and picked another
dozen or so. I expect to get the same tonight and the rest of the week. I'm
off on holiday on Friday so it'll be interesting to see how much of my veg
is still extant when I return...

Funny, but I'm not seeing a lot at the moment (I wish I hadn't said
that ...). However I'm trying a new stuff this year - as well as the
copper rings which I use a lot and over the years I've got a nice
collection, I'm going to put down Slug Stoppa from Fito. It's backed
by many organic growers and even the vegan society. I am pleased. Here
a link to it with lots of other kind tips to help your plants grow
whilst being kind to your wildlife :o)

http://www.btinternet.com/~bury_rd/summerone.htm

Amethyst Deceiver 25-04-2007 11:23 AM

A hollow full of rain

Baal wrote:

"Amethyst Deceiver" wrote in message
Well, the rain's lovely, and the vegetables are definitely growing
now. And so, it would appear, are the slugsnsnails.

I went out as soon as I got home from work yesterday and picked a
dozen or so off the raised beds. I went out at 7 this morning and
picked another dozen or so. I expect to get the same tonight and the
rest of the week. I'm off on holiday on Friday so it'll be
interesting to see how much of my veg is still extant when I
return...

Other than picking what is your method of reducing these beasties?

I try to avoid sprays etc where possible but..........

Slug pellets.
--
Linz
Wet Yorks