GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   I need a summer flowering Clematis - ideas? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/157544-i-need-summer-flowering-clematis-ideas.html)

Rebecca[_2_] 26-04-2007 02:03 PM

I need a summer flowering Clematis - ideas?

Hi,

I have a Montana clematis that is currently in flower and I wd like to
plant one next to it that will flower when the other has stopped.
Current one flowers April-June.

It is in a partly shaded spot on NE facing wall so sun limited.

Any ideas wd be much appreciated!
Many thanks
Rebecca

Nick Maclaren 26-04-2007 02:17 PM

I need a summer flowering Clematis - ideas?

In article .com,
Rebecca writes:

| I have a Montana clematis that is currently in flower and I wd like to
| plant one next to it that will flower when the other has stopped.
| Current one flowers April-June.

Try orientalis/tangutika. Yellow flowers and lots of old man's
beard. Also a very vigorous variety.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Sacha 26-04-2007 05:08 PM

I need a summer flowering Clematis - ideas?

On 26/4/07 14:17, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article .com,
Rebecca writes:

| I have a Montana clematis that is currently in flower and I wd like to
| plant one next to it that will flower when the other has stopped.
| Current one flowers April-June.

Try orientalis/tangutika. Yellow flowers and lots of old man's
beard. Also a very vigorous variety.

And just to add a note to a post I agree with, the cultivar of C. tangutica
called 'Bill MacKenzie' is an excellent one. And the fluffy seed heads at
the end of the season are beautiful.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Pam Moore 26-04-2007 05:18 PM

I need a summer flowering Clematis - ideas?

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:08:05 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 26/4/07 14:17, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article .com,
Rebecca writes:

| I have a Montana clematis that is currently in flower and I wd like to
| plant one next to it that will flower when the other has stopped.
| Current one flowers April-June.

Try orientalis/tangutika. Yellow flowers and lots of old man's
beard. Also a very vigorous variety.

And just to add a note to a post I agree with, the cultivar of C. tangutica
called 'Bill MacKenzie' is an excellent one. And the fluffy seed heads at
the end of the season are beautiful.

And if like me, you don't like yellow ones, and would like big and
blousy, a friend of mine has a Fireworks which has big blue/purple/red
flowers in summer.

Pam in Bristol