GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Olive Trees (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/157546-olive-trees.html)

Anyroadup 26-04-2007 02:41 PM

Olive Trees

I planted an Olive tree a few weeks ago and watered it frequently as I
thought was correct with any newly planted container grown plant.
Unfortunately some leaves started to go yellow and drop off so I cut
the watering down. The leaves now look a bit curly and not well. How
can I tell how much to water it and will it be ok please?

david 27-04-2007 12:10 PM

Olive Trees

I have had a container grown olive tree for a year and it is thriving. It is
kept against a whitewashed wall in the sunniest part of the garden and it
gets watered when it rains and if I should point the hose in that
direction - basically it looks after itself. When I bought it, the nursery
person said that it needs very little water.

--
If you have nothing to do look at this blog

http://lily-dog-blog.blogspot.com/
oups.com...

Sacha 27-04-2007 12:14 PM

Olive Trees

On 27/4/07 12:10, in article , "david"
wrote:

I have had a container grown olive tree for a year and it is thriving. It is
kept against a whitewashed wall in the sunniest part of the garden and it
gets watered when it rains and if I should point the hose in that
direction - basically it looks after itself. When I bought it, the nursery
person said that it needs very little water.

You have the right idea. Benign neglect is best for lemons trees and olive
trees!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk