GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   help with a fertilizer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/157626-help-fertilizer.html)

[email protected] 27-04-2007 08:54 PM

help with a fertilizer

I am looking for a fertilizer, I used years ago, that when applied to
clay, it use to break it up, with out digging. Dose anyone no the name
of it ,or is it still available.

Pam Moore 27-04-2007 10:57 PM

help with a fertilizer

On 27 Apr 2007 12:54:14 -0700, wrote:

I am looking for a fertilizer, I used years ago, that when applied to
clay, it use to break it up, with out digging. Dose anyone no the name
of it ,or is it still available.

Do you mean Acta Bacta? I don't think it's available now.
There is something which will do a similar thing but the name escapes
me. In my experience a good load of WRM or mushroom compost will give
you a more workable and fertile soil.

Pam in Bristol

[email protected] 28-04-2007 08:50 PM

help with a fertilizer

On 27 Apr, 22:57, Pam Moore wrote:
On 27 Apr 2007 12:54:14 -0700, wrote:

I am looking for a fertilizer, I used years ago, that when applied to
clay, it use to break it up, with out digging. Dose anyone no the name
of it ,or is it still available.

Do you mean Acta Bacta? I don't think it's available now.
There is something which will do a similar thing but the name escapes
me. In my experience a good load of WRM or mushroom compost will give
you a more workable and fertile soil.

Pam in Bristol

Hi Pam
Thank you for that information it was Acta Bacto
I will try mushroom compost ,it sound like it will work
Cheers
Stanley of Benfleet