GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Brunswicker Red Onions (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/157627-brunswicker-red-onions.html)

Shaun Rigby 27-04-2007 11:29 PM

Brunswicker Red Onions

Hi friends!

I'm new to the whole fruit/veg/gardening thing, however, I really
enjoy it.

To start me off I am growing some red onions (Brunswicker) in my back
garden, after planting them a couple of weeks ago; they have shot up
pretty well, however, some of the stems have bent and snapped in the
wind - is this normal? or should I snap them off anyway?

Also, how do the reproduce? ie how do i grow more after harvesting
them?

Kindest Regards,

Shaun

Baal 28-04-2007 09:04 AM

Brunswicker Red Onions

I am surprised that the wind would be responsible, more likely an animal.
However, IMHO the stems are not a problem after all the bulb is the energy
store. I would just leave them and if there are broken portions that wither
and die off, throw them on the compost heap.

--

Baal

I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

[...]