GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Slow potatoes? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/157711-slow-potatoes.html)

Alan Holmes[_2_] 29-04-2007 06:08 PM

Slow potatoes?

I put some potatoes in the ground about a fortnight ago, but there has been
no sign of any group.

Am I just being impatient?

Alan

Robert \(Plymouth\) 29-04-2007 06:56 PM

Slow potatoes?

Alan Holmes wrote:
: I put some potatoes in the ground about a fortnight ago, but there
: has been no sign of any group.
:
: Am I just being impatient?
:
: Alan

The short answer is 'Yes'!

It depends how deep you plant them of course but I would say at least
another week before they show

Alan Holmes[_2_] 29-04-2007 10:09 PM

Slow potatoes?

"Robert (Plymouth)" wrote in message
Alan Holmes wrote:
: I put some potatoes in the ground about a fortnight ago, but there
: has been no sign of any group.
:
: Am I just being impatient?
:
: Alan

The short answer is 'Yes'!

It depends how deep you plant them of course but I would say at least
another week before they show

Thanks, I really must try to be a little more patient!

Donna \(UK\) 30-04-2007 07:32 AM

Slow potatoes?

My potatoes took just over 3 weeks to break the surface and I am in the
process of earthing them up at the moment. Due to lack of space I am
growing them in potato buckets.

Donna