GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clerodendron trichotomum fargesii (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/157827-clerodendron-trichotomum-fargesii.html)

Chris S 01-05-2007 11:52 PM

Clerodendron trichotomum fargesii

Hi Sacha,
Just to let you know that 4 of the clerodendron seeds you kindly sent at the
end of last year have germinated so far. I'll be interested to see how many
I have at the end of this year after all the growing on in pots! I feel like
a proud parent at the moment - pathetic :-) I'll need to get a sheltered
sunny spot for it - the winters up here in Aberdeen are getting greyer,
duller and drier as the years go by..
Thanks again,
Chris S

Sacha 02-05-2007 08:01 AM

Clerodendron trichotomum fargesii

On 1/5/07 23:52, in article , "Chris S"
wrote:

Hi Sacha,
Just to let you know that 4 of the clerodendron seeds you kindly sent at the
end of last year have germinated so far. I'll be interested to see how many
I have at the end of this year after all the growing on in pots! I feel like
a proud parent at the moment - pathetic :-) I'll need to get a sheltered
sunny spot for it - the winters up here in Aberdeen are getting greyer,
duller and drier as the years go by..
Thanks again,
Chris S

Glad to hear some of them have succeeded. I'd let them make some strong
wood before putting them outside to fend for themselves. Ours always looks
stone dead until it suddenly decides not to be - worries me every year! I'll
have to send you some Paulownia seeds when we have some. One urgler grew so
many of those that she ended up doing plant swaps with her local nursery!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk